Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there Alpha people.

I've just bought a 1999 GTV 3.0 Lusso and it has blown my mind completely. Its sail blue (so I was told) with caramel coloured seats. I keep having to look at it through the window everytime I go into the lounge - but don't tell anyone.

I bought the car from John at St George (stgeorge.co.uk) in Bristol who proved to be very helpful and friendly. His laid-back nature is just what I needed. Top service and I'd say highly recommended.

This is my first "nice car". All my previous cars were driven till they died. My last one was a K reg rover 420 on its third engine, complete with cardigan and pipe, bought for £800 four or five years ago. The daft thing is that I love anything with a motor in it and can happily gawp at un-affordable speed demons for "ever" - I guess I just couldn't stand the thought of spending a few grand on a typical mondeo type thing. If you're going to see your money disappear in depreciation and exhaust fumes, you should at least enjoy yourself.

This car rocks and quite frankly I'm now happy to accept the increased running costs in exchange for the fun of driving it. I should have bought one ages ago :inlove:

I have plenty of "best-practise" type questions so prepare for a barrage of newbie posts.:)

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Re: Alpha newbie

Welcome :)

·
Registered
32,440 Posts

welcome to THE Alfa site :)

W

·
0 Posts

Hello there Alpha people.

...I keep having to look at it through the window everytime I go into the lounge
You didn't happen to notice the writing on the bootlid while you were peering out the window?

;)

Welcome....

wrinx

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

:eek:
My engineering background taking over - thats one excuse. I blame the Greeks.

That was a good start for making friends with Alffa Romayo drivers wasn't it!

erm... I'll get my coat...

;-)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts

Hello and Welcome !! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts