Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Just joined up and thought I would introduce myself.

I'm Jim, from somewhere near Nottingham. As a family we've always had Fords but late last year the Mrs decided that our Mondeo estate had finally had enough punishment and that she wanted something "a bit sporty" before she was too old to enjoy it.

One trip a car supermarket later - just to see what was about you understand ;) - and she fell in love with a MiTO. Fast forward a couple of weeks and we found one in the right colour at the right price at Sturgess in Leicester. A deal was done and we came away with a '10-plate 1.4 95bhp model in white.

She's thrilled to bits with it and I admit I'm quite taken with it myself.

I'm a complete Alfa newb - please excuse stupid questions as I don't yet know my 145 from my 159 - but I've not completely given up on the blue oval yet: although the wife has the MiTO, my own daily hack is a 1990 Sierra Sapphire that I'm quite fond of.

Anyway, hi to everyone :thumbs:

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Welcome to AO :thumbs:. I had a 1983 Sierra Ghia which was a fantastic car. That was back in 1988 though. :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hello and welcome AO.
Congratulations on the new Mito. To replace that Sierra the one you want is called 159.
Seriously now, keep reading and you will soon learn a lot about the brand and the model line-up.
Cheers.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

Saluti, Giordano.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome :thumbs:

To replace that Sierra the one you want is called 159.
Yeah, I had a good look at a Sportwagon in the dealer when we collected the MiTO.

It would be just the ticket and I've been having a casual shufty through the dealer used car network and on eBay. Nothing good will come of it according to my mrs. :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, so a thread resurrection, but I'm sure you'll all forgive me ;)

Got rid of the Sierra a few weeks back having found a very nice 2011 2.0 JTDm Sportwagon in white with service history and 72k on the clock for the right price.

One pre-emptive timing belt and waterpump change later, and she's sat at home on the drive and I'm loving it :beer:

·
Administrator
87,027 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Welcome To ⁀) ✫ ✫ ✫.
`⋎´✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•✫
..✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.✫
☻/ღ˚ •。* ♥♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★
/▌*˛˚ ░A░L░F░A░ - ░O░W░N░E░R░ ˚ ✰* ★
/ \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★