Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Report on Italiaspeed reckons the refurbishing work on the museum at Arese has been halted :(

According to the Quattroruote magazine in Italy the general staff left there have been put on the government redundancy payments for 7 weeks and will not return.

Also the quote.....

"Work on upgrading the official Alfa Romeo museum, which is also based at Arese, has been halted"

Sad news if this means it won't re open :cry:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
That is a shame:(Just in time for the 2010 celebrations too:mad:

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
It seems all is to go to Turin with effectively nothing left of the Old Alfa Romeo..
Still with all new Alfa Romeos effectively FIATs in all but name it does not matter much anymore.
In fact the 100 years celebtations are a bit of a **** as Alfa Romeo , other than as a name, ceased to exist many years ago

·
Registered
179 Posts
Even sadder that Centro Stile is losing its own location - being a designer myself it is this fantastic link to the heritage and the fact they used to compete against the likes of Pininfarina and Bertone which must have kept them on their toes! I do hope they keep fiat away from alfa when under the same roof - like it or not design and styling is Alfa's main brand pull!

Oh well lets see what the milano is like ...

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
wow... refurbishing work at the AR Museum was the only reason i didnt chose Italy for holidays this year.. i dont think they will leave it like that though. maybe postpone it for a couple of months.

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It did have plenty of exhibits so hopefully they will.

I have driven past it (and I mean probably within 1/2 mile!) twice a year for the last 15 years or so and never went. PLanned to go this year until I heard it was shut so was planning to go next year instead :cry:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts