Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

My 2014 Alfa mito has developed a fault which I believe is now quite common.

The engine management light came on and a diagnostic check revealed fault code p1064 - sticking actuator solenoid on cylinder 4. Only misfires fron cold and runs fine when warmed up. Any easy fix or is it a new multi air unit and labour to fit £1000.?

Chris

·
Registered
563 Posts
How old is your oil? If very old, perhaps it has lost its properties (viscosity in cold and warm condition) and needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
How old is your oil? If very old, perhaps it has lost its properties (viscosity in cold and warm condition) and needs to be replaced.
and has the multiair unit's oil strainer ever been cleaned/replaced?

Andy

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sounds like the multiair to me, same symptoms as when mine failed at 47k miles, my oil had always been changed every year, which for me is every 7k, they just wear although dirty oil accelerated the wear. When the engine warning light is on you will not be able to select dynamic, but otherwise mine drove normally. It is possibly to replace just one of the solenoids, however the work required to strip one out would be false economy considering they are all the same age. Another consideration is your battery, Alfa’s need a good quality, good condition battery, again I changed mine after seven years hoping to avoid the multiair bill?.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just had my MiTo QV serviced. Drove a few miles and my engine management light came on. Connected my Diagnostic kit and came up with fault code P1061 - sticking actuator on cylinder 1.

Did you get a Stop/Start failure message too?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sounds like the multiair to me, same symptoms as when mine failed at 47k miles, my oil had always been changed every year, which for me is every 7k, they just wear although dirty oil accelerated the wear. When the engine warning light is on you will not be able to select dynamic, but otherwise mine drove normally. It is possibly to replace just one of the solenoids, however the work required to strip one out would be false economy considering they are all the same age. Another consideration is your battery, Alfa’s need a good quality, good condition battery, again I changed mine after seven years hoping to avoid the multiair bill?.
#ForzaAlfa Had a same scenario-problem today, how did you solved the problem ? Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts