Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there guys, need a little help, my mito is a 1.4TB 155hp from december of 2008. Last year, 2011 since the summer passed in low temperatures like 4ºc or even like today (12ºc) the car wont start up decently... Or it take more time to start or only at the second try... some time on the first try ther car rev's up even more that the "revs for the cold weather".

Any chance you guys help me?

here's the list of maintenance:

13-09-2010: first oil change and filter at 17.761 Km's
17-12-2010: 35000km or 2 years revision at 21.840 Km's ( front brake pads, air filter, a/c filter)
07-11-2011: at 31.877Km's - Engine Oil plus oil filter, air filter, a/c filter, 4 new Spark plugs
16-12-2011: New battery (to see if this problem have anything to do with battery) Guess not....

All Parts are Alfa Romeo Original (oil, filters, spark plugs...)

Best Regards from Portugal

·
Registered
573 Posts
Ola!

Best get it looked into at a garage - assume you are now out of warranty though?

Mine started quite happily at -14 last year and I think we have a Scandinavian friend kicking about here who i'm sure has dealt with colder and more often

Basically shouldn't have any trouble at 4c

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check with your local dealership for any recalls for high pressue fuel pumps or injectors, we've had the same for BMW, very similar symptoms, worldwide recall, even if your car is out of warranty they should still pay half out of goodwill.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I start my 155 veloce every day in temperatures lower than 4! Its normally around 1 or 2 degreees in the morning where i am.

·
Registered
375 Posts
my mito 155 does this on the odd occasion but it never did it when it was -15c a few winters ago which was odd? It starts on the second time and i have never had any running problems with it and the power delivery etc is perfect so i am not to bothered :cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
This happened to my MiTo as well when it was just a couple of months old.

We asked the dealer, and they told us to try using only 95 RON fuel as opposed to 98 (what I normally like to use). I don't know how, but since doing that we never had the problem, so it's worth a try!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Should start first time every time. I'd have thought it would be the other way around, try 98/99Ron instead of 95Ron (if you can even get it in Lisbon) but if that worked that then gr8. It's getting increasingly difficult to find 98Ron in the UK (Super Unleaded is usually @ 97 or 99Ron) :(

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had this bad start also a couple of years ago , the garage said that i must drive more in dynamic mode , i did this and no bad start anymore. It could be that you drive too carefully and the startplugs get dirty. I mostly tank RON95 , the car just drives the same and it costs me a lot less.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
the fuel didn't make a difference!

it's been 3 months with this issue... just got the car back to see if it will be fixed now :s
My brother is having the same issue with his 09 Mito 155, and we only get 95 Ron here, so it can't be the fuel.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's weird. I'm in Australia too and their recommendation of 95ron has fixed the issue for me. I only drive in dynamic too. Who knows...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts