Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 494 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Did a full detail, clay and wax job on my graphite grey Mito today. I've done 10,500 miles, with the majority of it spent on the M6 and it seems to be the front that's getting battered.

Even though I make it a rule to keep a distance of at least two car lengths away from the car in front, I do occasionally hear what sounds like a stone hitting the car. At the point, logic goes out the window and my mind wanders towards blaming the driver in front.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
My solid black 155 is pretty bad in all areas mentioned. The arches are rashed and the front end and lower bonnet have white spots all over! Why the hell is the undercoat white on a black car???? I have an invisible shield on my HTC Hero and i know that there are companies that make a protective bib for most makes of car thats nearly invisible. Porsches have this on the front of the rear arches.

Thanks Phil

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
i know that there are companies that make a protective bib for most makes of car thats nearly invisible. Porsches have this on the front of the rear arches.
yeah, i saw a white porsche panamera with these, it looked like a patch of yellow as if a dog had widdled against it, i'd rather have stone chips

C

·
0 Posts
In general the chips on my front bumper and bonnet have revealed the metal beneath the paintwork. In general though the stone chips aren't visible from a few steps back, they just annoy me when I'm close up washing the MiTo. I do have a fairly large blemish to the bottom edge of my 'Alfa' grill. I thought it was a stubborn dirt patch the first time I washed the car but I'm starting to think it might be a pretty nasty blemish on the paint. I should have a decent look this week and see whether its stubborn tar etc. or worse :cry:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Stone Chips on the rear arches!

Hi all,

I've got a MiTo Lusso in Alfa Red. Took delivery in November and now after 4600 miles the rear arches and the sills on BOTH sides are really badly chipped!!!! Can't believe it's happened I've never had this happen to a car before and what made this more upsetting this is my first new car let alone an Alfa. Really disappointed have to say.

I read somewhere on this site someone had taken their car back to Alfa UK under complaint and were waiting to hear back, but I can't find it now. Does anyone know if there was any joy from Alfa?

I've tried to cover them up with colour polish but to no avail and when you clean the car the area just looks hazy. Below are some pics;

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac45/babyalfa/IMGP4300.jpg

If anyone can help or has any ideas (apart from a respray though I suspect that's what I'm going to have to shell out for and I had the thing bloody supaguarded!!) I would be most grateful. I'd also read somewhere someone had tried putting the front mudflaps from a Brera on, wondered if anyone had any info on that too.

Tim

·
Registered
713 Posts
I also have a fair few speck-less on the arches, I wonder what success they would be in making a claim under the 9 year paint warranty. I am sure I heard someone on here took there's in, dealer took pics and sent them to Alfa UK, cant remember if they had a successful outcome or not however, and cant find the tread for it.

·
Registered
713 Posts
:lol: i wasn't just repeating baby alfa, just we posted at the same time...one brain with the previous thread that each of us cannot find!

·
Registered
41 Posts
The Italians are revolting!! looks like they have the same problem Google Translate clik on Mi.To Gathering signatures coating failure
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
8 Posts
My Mito's arches are every bit as bad as those images after 5000 miles. In the absence of available front mudguards, 3M paint protection film or similar is the only solution. The difficulty with that would be cutting it to fit so it didn't look bloody awful. The dealer is telling me that the only arch protection films avaialble are the Brera/Spider ones but a quick look through that italian forum suggests otherwise. Theres an image from the parts catalog that shows Mito arch protectors that are apparently fitted to cars destined for 'mountain climes' or something.

Part no: 50516278 The price stated was Euro 24.24

Do these really exist? Are they available to UK dealers?
Link
http://i43.tinypic.com/2s7vsk6.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm glad to see I am not the only one with this problem. My red Mito has numerous stone chips on the rear wheel arches, only had it 7 months and done 7000 miles. Dealer says it will not be covered under Alfa warranty, I am just taking it up with Alfa customer relations. It's obviously a design fault, and needs a respray and some protection for the future. Don't see why Alfa should not pay for that, it's obviously a common problem.

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
My wifes mito has exactly the same problem: 2500 miles and the rear wheel arches are quite chipped. The only problem is that I used the clear film - and of course the stone chips still show through. If the Alfa ones are different, now that would be interesting....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have just spoken to Alfa aftersales/customer relations. They say this is not recognised as a warranty claim. Presumably not enough people have complained so if anyone has this problem and has not spoken to Alfa (00800 34280000) it may be a good idea to speak to them, if they have enough people getting on at them about it they may accept it as being a fault and even do a recall. I will be putting the complaint in writing to them and try not to look at the marks on the car in the meantime!

·
Registered
713 Posts
^^ very good idea if we all report the issue with Alfa then just like the belt freezing up they will have to accept it as a fault (as with the belt they also did not originally)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I collected the film arch protectors from the dealer this morning. No-one at AR appears to have told dealers that this part exists, so give them the part number. I won't be fitting them to the car yet as i want to make sure i've done a good job on painting the chips first. The films are a good size and will more than fully cover the area over which i'm taking damage.

Part Number 50516278 about £20 the pair.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Where??

I collected the film arch protectors from the dealer this morning. No-one at AR appears to have told dealers that this part exists, so give them the part number. I won't be fitting them to the car yet as i want to make sure i've done a good job on painting the chips first. The films are a good size and will more than fully cover the area over which i'm taking damage.

Part Number 50516278 about £20 the pair.
Hi there where did you get these from was it an actual ALFA dealer.... :thumbs:
I have had my new multi-air for a week now and want to get the arches protected ASAP. Cheers

21 - 40 of 494 Posts