Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Alfa mito from a large ish garage last thursday, and everything went smoothly.

Unfortunately today i noticed the lower skirting below the left passenger door seems to be heavily dented in, it's also bent inward, no paint damage though?

I know this wasn't me because i took a picture of the car on day of purchase on my phone, and i checked the picture today and could see the damage after zooming in on the image.

I know it's a bit of my fault, as i should of checked more. But the problem is, you can only see the damage when looking at a 2-3 meter distance, and at the time i was up and close checking around for dents and scratches.

So, where do i stand?

Do i ring the dealer and ask for them to fix it? , i have three months warranty if that changes anything.

Do you think the damage had been done previous and painted over?

All so stressful after spending my hard saved cash on this car, and with this damage will be a big hitter on the re-sale value.

Any guidance would be appreciated...

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Sounds like the sill has been crushed when its been jacked up in the wrong place.

Nothing to loose by talking to whoever you bought it from and see what they say. Don't go in all confrontational though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If it's a dent that hasn't affected the paint then it would probably be a quick fix for a garage. Try to be confident and don't back down easy, but at the same time don't be rude or too forward. They'll more than likely sort it out to keep you happy, if not then it probably won't be a lot to fix yourself. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts