Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2010 pre-facelift MiTo cloverleaf. My Chrome grill looks abit worn and I really like the look of the current (2016) honeycomb grill. Does anyone know if it fits on the pre-facelift car?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi, unfortunately the grille shape is completely different, you'd have to change the whole bumper for the newer grille.

Other people have made facelift look grilles from spare normal grilles by cutting out the bars and adding some black mesh.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I wouldn't want to do too many, they take the best part of a weekend to get a really good finish so probably wouldn't get a good return on them with parts costs as well but I may be interested in letting one go for the right price. If you're interested, pm me an offer (y)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Looks really good.

I'd like to see how it would look on one of the later style grilles with the chrome around the edges. Unfortunately they're a lot more expensive to buy to start chopping up!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
That looks great - do you have to remove the bumper to take off the old scudetto and fitbthe new one or is it fairly straight forward?

·
Registered
138 Posts
You'll most likely have to take it off.

I just about managed to do mine by loosening the top and one side to give enough room to get my hand in but it was very tight.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah bumper off is best, if try to pull part of the bumper away for access you'll end up with broken bumper clips on the corners.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts