Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've seen a few problems like this but haven't been able to find a definite answer. I have taken all of the lining out and checked all wires are still connected properly. One concern I have is when I open my boot, the boot light turns on. Showing that the car clearly knows when the boot lock is open or not. I have also tested this by using the rounded part of a screwdriver to simulate the connection pin. Again with the same result. Does anyone have any suggestions of where this problem my be? As I cannot understand how the boot light (inside the boot) stay turned off. Yet my ECU seems to think the boot is open.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
In the attached wiring diagram N057 is the boot lock unit and I033 is the logo push button

The wiring colors are

Z = Violet
BH= White/Gray
N = Black
BC = White/Orange

You should check if the White/Gray wire is broken in the rubber boot between the hatch and the chassis.
If the wire is ok, check if the switch in the boot lock unit actually short the White/gray to ground when the hatch is closed.

Attachments

·
Registered
37,280 Posts
On our Giulietta the boot open warning was on constantly and it stopped the alarm setting correctly.
Also the boot could be released by pressing the badge even when the car was locked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts