Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

Just bought from Germany couple of weeks ago an Alfa Romeo Mito, year 2011, 1,4 Petrol with TCT automatic gearbox. I attach some pictures here.

Now the car has around 61500 km. I verified on different sites and at Alfa Romeo representance and the kilometers appear to be real.

Also, I have verified the car technically from hardware and software point of view and all is ok. There were some errors appeared on the computer but were erased and all seems good (no icon on the bord of the car).
Actually I changed a buld in the back of the car and recently I changed the bulb (H7) for the low beam.

Still, in the near future I will need to do the below work on the car:

1. Changing of the all brake pads - I will replace with Bosch new ones.
2. Change of the oil for the automatic gearbox and also the oil for the hydraulic actuator - here I have some questions. Which oil to use for both? And if you can provide a link on how the change of the actuator oil should be done - I have seen some posts but is not very clear....and also how the automatic gearbox oil should be change?

I will do the above points 1 and 2 begining of next week.

3. Changing of the motor oil + all the filters - I will do this later on, probably next month.

4. Changing of distribution kit (timing belt + water pump) + accessory belt - this will be done also in the future (next year probably).

In rest, I will change the tyres with the winter ones and all is good for the moment :)

All the works will be done by my mechanic.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you very much for both answers.

I think that for the changing part my mechanic will know for sure. I will go to my mechanic and he should know how to change these oils.

Now, I have another issue....the fuel consumption in the city is around 13-14 liters/100km.
Is this normal? Or the car has an issue....or is aomething else :)

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Seems high, but it will depend on how you are using the car and length of journeys. On the dash bring up instantaneous consumption and see if going lightly on the accelerator pedal improves it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank you very much for both answers.

I think that for the changing part my mechanic will know for sure. I will go to my mechanic and he should know how to change these oils.

Now, I have another issue....the fuel consumption in the city is around 13-14 liters/100km.
Is this normal? Or the car has an issue....or is aomething else :)
maybe yours bc is showing 13-14km / liter

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems high, but it will depend on how you are using the car and length of journeys. On the dash bring up instantaneous consumption and see if going lightly on the accelerator pedal improves it.
Yes, it seems high also for me. The car was used mainly in city, very busy traffic and the lenght of journeys are short (around max. 10 km per day)...and the car stays outside....is starting the winter.
My wife is driving the car, and on the Normal driving mode.
The bord computer is showing an average of 13 liters per 100km....

What else can be? Do I need to check something on the car ?

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
The car was used mainly in city, very busy traffic and the length of journeys are short (around max. 10 km per day)...and the car stays outside....is starting the winter.
My wife is driving the car, and on the Normal driving mode.
I think your answer lies, at least in part, in how and where it is being used.

I looked up where you are, looks very nice. Much better than Bucharest where I was based, briefly, in 2001 flying with the air ambulance!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I think your answer lies, at least in part, in how and where it is being used.

I looked up where you are, looks very nice. Much better than Bucharest where I was based, briefly, in 2001 flying with the air ambulance!
armoore, really now Cluj is like Bucharest....I do not lie at all :rofl: ................ we have a lot of traffic...is a busy city at the moment.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, the bord computer is showing now around 12-13 liters/100 KM.....I will double check this to see..... you make me wonder now :) See the picture added
too much, I have Mito 1.4 mair QV 170 cv, max I made is 9 lit/100 km, normal driving is always 7-7.4 lit in average per 100km

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
You could try verifying the on board reading by filling the tank to the brim, noting the odometer reading, driving the car for a while and then filling again to the brim. Now take the new odometer reading and see how many kilometres were travelled and how many litres were used. Using the figures a more reliable consumption can be calculated.

Meanwhile see if there are any obvious fuel leaks, that the air filter is clean and there are no leaks in the exhaust system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You could try verifying the on board reading by filling the tank to the brim, noting the odometer reading, driving the car for a while and then filling again to the brim. Now take the new odometer reading and see how many kilometres were travelled and how many litres were used. Using the figures a more reliable consumption can be calculated.

Meanwhile see if there are any obvious fuel leaks, that the air filter is clean and there are no leaks in the exhaust system.
Thanks. I have done that...have added full tank petrol. Will monitor like this and will see how many kilometers will do with that.

In regards to fuel leaks, and leaks in the exhaust system nothing is noticeable on the car. The air filter is not checked, but I will change all the filters and motor oil next month.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Don't forget the micro-filter in the side of the head. It is often overlooked. You don't have to do it every time but in this case maybe you won't know when it was last changed, if at all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't forget the micro-filter in the side of the head. It is often overlooked. You don't have to do it every time but in this case maybe you won't know when it was last changed, if at all.
Thanks! What is that micro filter and where is located?

I know only about : air filter, oil filter and petrol filter......these are mostly seen on all cars

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
At the end of the cylinder head at the timing belt end and towards the back. You will see a Allen headed device screwed into the head, remove the top cam belt cover which is not difficult. The new one is screwed in until the outer end of it is flush with the head, there is a torque setting but I've read that trying to do it up to that may cause problems, but that may be just a story, others could have experience of it and if they have they might post as such.

Fourth and fifth photos up from the bottom. You'll also see how to remove the cover, tricky part is getting the wiring conduit clipped back into place.

Alfa Workshop is a mine of information and as they are a commercial concern that they publish these 'how to' procedures is a credit to them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you very much armoore for the information and link provided!

Meanwhile, I have managed to change the oil for actuator and the oil for the automatic gearbox. Also, I have changed the brake pads for all wheels (I have used bosch).

Now, for the future (next month) I will change all the filters (including micro filter) and also the motor oil.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank you very much armoore for the information and link provided!

Meanwhile, I have managed to change the oil for actuator and the oil for the automatic gearbox. Also, I have changed the brake pads for all wheels (I have used bosch).

Now, for the future (next month) I will change all the filters (including micro filter) and also the motor oil.
Hi, can you explain "oil for actuator" which oil is that ? Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi, can you explain "oil for actuator" which oil is that ? Thanks
Hello. I am not sure if I used the correct word. But that is the special fluid for electrohydraulic ratio selector actuators - and I have used as per the ALFA TCT transmission manual (page 15) the oil named Tutela CAR CS Speed F005.F98. You can check the attached file on page 15.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts