Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not actually my first Alfa, but it's a first one I've got to own that I can drive legally. My first first Alfa was a 145 Junior with 1.8TS swap:

I took it on as a project. This is when I've realised that the Alfa bug is going down through my veins for good. Unfortunately, as lovely as my 145 was and as much I wanted to fix it up and enjoy, after summing the budget required to get it where I wanted it up, me and my lovely wife decided that it will be cheaper and better to get a nearly new car on finance.

Long story short, Yesterday I've become a happy owner of a 10 reg, MiTo Cloverleaf in etna black. It has loads of loads of stone chips on rear arches, first gear can be temperamental sometimes, it has 48k miles on the clock and hill start option drives me nuts. All in all I love it so much that I can't stop staring at it through the window at work and think of jumping back into it again!

So here she is:

I will get some nice pics up as soon as I manage to get some of them done :)

Finally, whish me luck with my MiTo! I know (I've read some threads on here) that I will need lots of it :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man! I really like that 145, shame I couldn't build it up. Although I've sold it to a guy from our little car club anyway so It sort of stayed in the family. I love my MiTo though.

By the way. I'm keeping my car on a driveway which unfortunatelly is under trees. Can anyone recommend any kind of car cover for it? I don't mind if it let's the rain through as long as it doesn't stop it from evaporating from below, it has to stop tree leaves and bird droppings and most of all I need one that is hard to blow off by wind! Any suggestions?

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Congrats! My old mito was Etna black, such a nice colour, just maintain it well.

Alfa do an official cover for the mito, but that could be pricy. Sure I've seen some covers on eBay if you take a look. Covers scare me with scratching the paintwork though, so I would make sure you get one with a microfiber lining. ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!!! I will take good care of it! I love it so much!!!

Do you know by any chance, where can I get the Alfa cover and how pricy is pricy? If that's too expensive for me do you know of any car cover makes that are fairly priced and are good fit for a Mito?

·
Premium Member
2,731 Posts
Nice motor! I always fancied a Black Alfa, the wheel arches are the only bit I don't like on a Mito they are huge, not surprised at the stone chips.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice motor! I always fancied a Black Alfa, the wheel arches are the only bit I don't like on a Mito they are huge, not surprised at the stone chips.
I actually like wide arches, they look awesome but even stock and lovely 17" wheels i've got on it now look like 14" or 15" on any other car. To really set the car's feature off it would need 17" with some dish to them and more tyre profile or at least it should ride lower. I've seen 147 GTA the other day and there's very little arch gap completely stock and it makes it look sitting really tight :)

Thanks for compliments mate, I'd love an Alfetta GTV!!!! (by the way, are they RWD or FWD?)

By the way, after our little club's last meet I've done a quick photohoot of my QV so here are the shots:

They aren't ideal, but not bad for a quick photoshoot in the rain going down sideways. I hope you like them :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice Photos, an alfetta is rear wheel drive
Thanks man, they're not looking exactly how I was hoping them to look like but turned out quite close to what I had in mind considering it was done without any planing, right after a car meet on a windy and rainy night. My car isn't going anywhere though so I can do it again any time I want :D

That's great about Alfetta man! I really like them and I thought they're FWD. That makes them even better! Would love to own one in the future. What engines do they have except the V6? Is it a twincam or a boxer or?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I actually like wide arches, they look awesome but even stock and lovely 17" wheels i've got on it now look like 14" or 15" on any other car. To really set the car's feature off it would need 17" with some dish to them and more tyre profile or at least it should ride lower. I've seen 147 GTA the other day and there's very little arch gap completely stock and it makes it look sitting really tight :)

Thanks for compliments mate, I'd love an Alfetta GTV!!!! (by the way, are they RWD or FWD?)

By the way, after our little club's last meet I've done a quick photohoot of my QV so here are the shots:

They aren't ideal, but not bad for a quick photoshoot in the rain going down sideways. I hope you like them :)
I saw and liked one of your pics on Instagram. There awesome! I'll follow you. ?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
looks great :thumbs: those pics are pretty good too :) i had a MiTo QV before my Giulietta QV, it was tornado blue with the same wheels as yours and i loved it :D loads of fun to drive :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've followed you, I'm muneer5
You'll see lots of pics of my mito!

Cheers, but did you follow my photography instagram or just me? Because the photography one is ran by my wife :D

looks great :thumbs: those pics are pretty good too :) i had a MiTo QV before my Giulietta QV, it was tornado blue with the same wheels as yours and i loved it :D loads of fun to drive :)
Thanks mate. I realy like the QV but still have to get used to it. It's just way too new for what I'm used to. Also it's my first turbo car and as much as I enjoy boost building up and hauling the car forward I really miss the throttle response and directness. Also not a big fan of the steering feel. It's definitely the most relaxing car to drive I've ever owned but to get the best out of performance I have to wait a bit longer and drive it more I guess.

Still, been able to absolutely kill my friend's 206 GTi on local twisties, so it's not all that bad :D

·
Registered
2,471 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hehe, thanks man :D

I really like your white QV. I think it's the best colour for a MiTo. Did you do any mods to it or is it completely OEM?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Thanks! I had an Etna black non QV model before and do miss the colour in some ways. There's no beating a freshly cleaned black car shine, but when I saw another mito in white, I thought it just worked with its curves really well.

I've done a fair bit:

16mm wheel spacers - improves stance nicely
K&N induction kit - good fun, but noise not for everyone
LED rear indicators
Just about everything possible LED
Italian size front number plate

Want to do so much more though! Next project is carbon fibre light surrounds, grill and mirrors! Thought I was only going to keep this car until the warranty expired, but like it so much and can't find anything else I'm interested in for the money, so might keep it for another 4yrs and complete all the mods I want! ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks! I had an Etna black non QV model before and do miss the colour in some ways. There's no beating a freshly cleaned black car shine, but when I saw another mito in white, I thought it just worked with its curves really well.

I've done a fair bit:

16mm wheel spacers - improves stance nicely
K&N induction kit - good fun, but noise not for everyone
LED rear indicators
Just about everything possible LED
Italian size front number plate

Want to do so much more though! Next project is carbon fibre light surrounds, grill and mirrors! Thought I was only going to keep this car until the warranty expired, but like it so much and can't find anything else I'm interested in for the money, so might keep it for another 4yrs and complete all the mods I want! ?

That's awesome man! I really like the car too and I think I'd love to keep it. I'm only affraid of the costs of repairs when it will start to go bad and the warranty will be up.

Also how do mods affect the warranty? I thought that mods void it straight away. I'd like mine to ride a bit lower, is there any sport spring kit available? Do I have to go to the dealers to have it fitted or can I get it done on my own? How does that work?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts