Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents will be looking to get a new car next year and it seems like it will come down to one of these

They cost the same, have the same engine (I think), the Bravo is bigger more a 147 in size, but the Mito is an Alfa.

My brother owns a Bravo 1.4 Sport and I must say it's absolutely fantastic.

What would you guys choose (bit bias putting it on an Alfa forum :p)

Leaning towards a white Bravo on 18" wheels..

Brother's brand new Bravo below..
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7237/fiatritmo5te3.jpg
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8115/fiatritmo3pu8.jpg
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8126/fiatritmo1tu7.jpg

Ps: The Bravo is called the Ritmo in Australia :D

N

·
0 Posts
MiTo may be too small. Bravo is a good size.
Need a bigger engine though. Maybe an Abarth Grande Punto? :thumbs:

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Yes that Bravo is even a bit tempting.. depending who buys my next car. :eek:

I'd go white Bravo with graphite wheels if I was your old fella. Mito may be too cramped for him.. depending on his lifestyle.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
what they said. Bravo a bit bigger so may suit your parents better :)

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
If your parents are boring old Farts then go for the FIATs..I would suggest the Mito for my parents ;)

·
Registered
694 Posts
We had a Bravo as a hire car in Spain. I was shocked by how good it was! Build quality, style performance economy were all good, & certainly a lot better than the Ritmo's I remember from a few years ago. :vomit:
The new Bravo looks like a good all round family car.
But hey, this is an Alfa forum, so if you/they want a wee bit more style & passion, go for the mito.
Matt.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
The Bravo is based on a heavily revised version of the old Stilo chassis. The 3 door Dtilo was actually pretty good (I had a 1.8 Dynamic).

The MiTo is based pretty much on the Grande Punto chassis and that's certainly not a bad thing. To some eyes, the 3 door GT is better looking than the MiTo (both are stunning IMHO but the MiTo has a nicer interier for sure).

Both will be great for folks:thumbs:

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
very different cars. I'd say bravo if you really need that extra space. or wait for the 149 :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had suggested a MiTo to my parents, but considering everyones comments, i'd have to say the Bravo now! nice pics by the way too!

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,226 Posts
At first, a MiTo v Bravo compo seems a bit odd. But, retired parents often have conflicting interests. My mum and dad live overseas, and have a five door 2006 Focus. Why? Because when my sis, niece and bro in law turn up for a break, my parents need the extra room to haul about all my little niece's gubbins. In the UK, my sis has a chunky Mercedes-Benz B-class that swallows everything.

My mum hates the Focus ('it's too big!), my dad (and I) love it to bits; mention how it rides and handles, and we both smirk. :)

But...I introduced mum and dad to MiTo earlier this year, and dad has said...it looks picture pretty. Mum loves the compact size and the lovely looks; dad (fittingly and rightly) wants to proudly own an Alfa Romeo again. If my sis and family need more room in a car, then in the words of my dad 'guess when they come here they could always hire a bigger one'.

So there you are. My 'rents - bless 'em - bought a car that can accommodate the whole family for the few times we're all in Spain, but they then have to put up with its unnecessary bulk the rest of the time we're not there.

I think a MiTo is what they should buy for them; never mind me and my sis - they've spent much of their lives working around me and my sis. Now they should have what's good/right for them, all year round.

·
Registered
436 Posts
For a family car I'd say the Bravo. I've not driven one but been in a standard 1.4. The sporty ones really look the part and have real Italian flair in terms of styling just like Alfas do I think, which is a major leap from the older Fiats. Okay, not quite with the panache as Alfas, but great in their own way.

A sport Bravo is quite a head turner I think but will be interesting to see how the new 149 betters it. If they can wait and prefer Alfa, then tell them to wait for the 149.

But I love the look of the MiTo...

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Not to throw a spanner in the works, but depending on their age, you might find the Panda, which is also very well built, an option. Easier access, less bending, nicish boot size etc.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Fiat Bravo 1.4 Turbo Sport is a savage car, my little brother has one. It goes like stink and looks fab, especially in sports trim...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts