Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

The car is Alfa Mito 1,4 petrol turbo multiair 135cp TCT.

I noticed a strange thing on my Alfa Mito.....
When the car stays idle the steering wheel and the dashboard are shaking a little bit....
What can be the problem?

Some people told me that it's from the bad quality petrol/benzine used (in latest weeks I used 95 petrol instead of 98 or 100) or it can be from the engine buffers....
What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Engine is not shaking....it is ok. Is possible to be engine suport...or petrol quality or are the plugs....probably i will need to change also all 4 plugs

·
Registered
625 Posts
Let me guess, drivers side mirror is also shaking/vibrating? Drivers side engine mount is failing, it's a common problem on Mitos & Giuliettas.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let me guess, drivers side mirror is also shaking/vibrating? Drivers side engine mount is failing, it's a common problem on Mitos & Giuliettas.
I did not seen if the driver side mirror is vibrating, but I no not think..I will look more careful.

Can you advise where I can find drives side engine mount? Or where I can find that spare part ? (a link or something)

·
Registered
Mito 155TB
16 Posts
Could be cambelt slightly out of time? Mine was a bit lumpy before I changed it, much smoother now, I did use camlocks though👍

·
Registered
625 Posts
It is NOT the timing system, the drivers side engine mount is worn and needs replacing!!

It is a VERY common fault on Mitos & Giuliettas. The mount is located under the Air Filter Box and mounted to the front of the engine. Easy to see, easy to replace.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is NOT the timing system, the drivers side engine mount is worn and needs replacing!!

It is a VERY common fault on Mitos & Giuliettas. The mount is located under the Air Filter Box and mounted to the front of the engine. Easy to see, easy to replace.
Thank you, and yes you are right. Someone else told me the same. I would think I need to change both engine mounts (drivers side and also the one on front passenger side).
What do you think ? Should I change both ?
Do you know approx price for the engine mount ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts