Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With reference to the above, the car is a 2012. Could someone please advise where these filters are located on the car and are any special tools required for changing.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hi. I just recently changed the fuel, air, cabin and oil filter on my 1.3 diesel Mito, and it's super easy! You just need a basic socket set.
The cabin air filter is a PAIN IN THE A** to remove, and especially fit back in! You just have the wrestle it, without folding or braking it.
The air, fuel and oil filters are very easy to find in the engine bay.
I have a left hand drive Mito, and on that the cabin filter is located in the passenger foot well under the glove box, towards centre of dash. Under there you have to take a bit of the lower trim away and look inside. You will see a black plastic piece which is about 1 inch by 12 inch, which you need to pull off. The filter is located in there

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I just recently changed the fuel, air, cabin and oil filter on my 1.3 diesel Mito, and it's super easy! You just need a basic socket set.
The cabin air filter is a PAIN IN THE A** to remove, and especially fit back in! You just have the wrestle it, without folding or braking it.
I have a left hand drive Mito, and on that the cabin filter is located in the passenger foot well under the glove box, towards centre of dash. Under there you have to take a bit of the lower trim away and look inside. You will see a black plastic piece which is about 1 inch by 12 inch, which you need to pull off. The filter is located in there
is the fuel filter self bleeding?? about to change mine?

D

·
0 Posts
Have to agree about the cabin filter, must have been designed by a midget....what a pain in the **** to do.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Has anybody got a picture of where to find the cabin filter.
I have bought a replacement and have looked in the passenger footwell but can't work out where it is.
Car is a 59 plate 1.3jtdm.

Thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
Saying it is 'super easy' then saying one of them is 'a pain in the a*** to remove' does not really follow......:judge: :cheeky:

·
Registered
122 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts