Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
My reading of what FCA has published:
-Tonale will compete with BMW X1/X2 - and similar Audi and MB. And not to forget - Volvo.
-"Small SUV" will compete with similar size SUV:s - but at a somewhat higher price - motivated by performance.

Again a "good" introduction of "electrification" is crucial.

·
Registered
33,664 Posts
The Ford Puma intro doesn’t make much of it being a hybrid. It’s not yet easy to sell both a new car and whether it’s electric while selling the car itself? Perhaps it’ll be assumed that cars are a bit electric by the time the Tonale is launched.

·
Registered
294 Posts
There will be massive marketing push for "electric" - VW leading the pack. Environmentalists and governments supporting.

Within 5 years your neighbors will point the finger if your car does not say electric or hybrid.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
There will be massive marketing push for "electric" - VW leading the pack. Environmentalists and governments supporting.

Within 5 years your neighbors will point the finger if your car does not say electric or hybrid.
In 5 years time most of my neighbours will still be driving i/c engined cars so I doubt there will be much finger pointing in this neck of the woods. Given their parking is, in the main, on street the issue of charging will govern their choice plus the extra cost of even 2nd hand cars with batteries will further push them to stick with the status quo.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts