Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being about to join the ranks of Alfa owners (Mito), I looked around W H Smith and was surprised that there is, apparently, no Alfa Romeo magazine. Is that correct and, if so, any ideas on why not? I would have thought there'd be enough reader and advertiser support to make one viable.

Incidentally the AO Club must be one of the few one-marque clubs without a newsletter/magazine of its own...

Sorry should have added what a great (and really helpful) forum this is.

·
Registered
37,341 Posts
The Alfa Romeo owners club used to have a monthly magazine IIRC, thats a different club/forum to this one.

The other one that contains lots of Alfa's is Auto Italia. I can recommend that as a good read. :thumbs:

·
Registered
782 Posts
AO is very much an internet based group so TBH it’s not unreasonable that it doesn’t have a printed magazine. AROC still produce a magazine for its members (Alfa Romeo Driver) and it’s actually quite good. As symonh says, there’s always Auto Italia that has a lot of Alfa coverage – but I really don’t believe there are enough Alfa enthusiasts to support a completely commercial publication.

Don’t forget Alfa’s own “in-house” magazine (Feel) – some reasonable stuff but mostly pointless “lifestyle” rubbish!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all. I've seen Feel but thought it was pretty poor as well as being just a manufacturer's mouthpiece. I'll have a look for Auto Italia, I expect that mops up any support there'd be for an Alfa mag.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I wouldn't bother with 'Feel' I get it as part of the Cloveleaf club membership that came with my car but won't be bothering to renew it.

As people have said the AROC magazine is a good read and then there's AutoItalia which is a more proper car mag rather than a 'fan' mag if you get my drift

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Auto Italia is excellent, as is the AROC bi-monthly.

The feel stuff is nicely illustrated marketing shmarketing:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts