Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day chaps,

I am an alfa lover and have been for quite a few years. All cars are beautiful, but I wouldnt put my neck out for just any car. Only an Alfa can make a guy happy about owning a car that does not run on occasion.

I currently own a beautiful 2003 Alfa GTV 916 3.0v6 with 119000km's on the clock. It is not the best Alfa I have owned, but I love it the most.

My first Alfa was a 1.6 Alfa 147 2001. I upgraded to this from a VW Polo, so you can imagine the smile it put on my face, despite its entry level power.

Second was a 2.0 156 2001. This car's power was awesome. I actually owned it as a second car for a while after upgrading my 147 for a 3.2v6 GT 2006. This car was the point where I realised I would drive this car forever. Soon after this realisation though I needed to pay for my marriage and so forth and decided to sell the GT to cover some of the costs. Due to my bad decision making I drove a Ford Focus for a few months. This was soon to change though as I searched for the right Alfa daily.

Fourth was my current 2003 Alfa GTV 3.0 V6. I had not experienced that amount of joy for a long time. I now though have had a series of problems with this dear car, including a flat spot, CV boot, MAF sensor and finally the starter. As we speak my poor car is waiting for the mechanic to sort it out. Being in South Africa, we have very few options regarding maintenance on Alfa's, but luckily I have found an affordable Alfa mechanic 30 minutes drive from me. It seems my poor GTV was not maintained well and despite me immediately doing a major service on it as I got it, I need to still deal with many teething issues. My clutch seems to be on its last, which I believe is an ultra pricey affair.

Basically I have been an avid user of peoples experiences from AlfaOwner. I decided I will finally join the fight with expressing maintenance wins and do my part to share as there is so little information on the specific Alfa I currently own.

ps. I have made a 1k bet with two friends that I will keep this car for 5 years. I am only about 4 months in and I am considering cutting my losses.

Attachments

·
Administrator
87,047 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. Need to have it sorted asap. This weekend my old man and I were on a sort of track and my GTV got to 220 quick but topped out there. My old man had his 2.0 156 and he almost pulled me but started running out of revs around 220 too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts