Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya all,

But I don't think I am the only on here that has that addiction. I personally have spent about 10k euro on my car between buying it and engine bits and now fixing it.And when it is worth about 2k on a good day it is rather laughable. But I don't think even with all that money poured into it I could ever get rid of it or just buy another brand of car. I have thought of it purely for the reliablity but I don't think I could ever buy anything else. Nothing I have driven has come close to putting a smile on my face as an Alfa.

It is only something I think these cars can do to you. No matter how much it goes wrong or how much I try to hate it I can't. It has crippled me monatary wise and not just me but my parents which I ma thankful for helping out when they can. But I just can't get rid of it ever.

Anyone else done the same??

Damien

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
alfas' , they sort of grab you & don't ley go! i'd spend any amount of money on my 147 to keep her on the road & looking good, not sure i'd do that with a Ford or VW!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They do all right. Mine is sitting outside my house at the moment and it needs work to it and is really ****ing me off that it's not finished but it should be when the suspension comes in.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Im with you there Damien.
Although I did say before I bought my GTA that if it went the same way as my last one did (puds), i.e. spending most of my income on it replacing everything, twice, then it would be the last Alfa I would own. 9 months down the line and im 110% smitten again, despite spending most of my income on it. It makes me :) .
This website has also improved my alfa owning experience too. I didnt know about AO for the 3 odd years i owned and modd'd me old 156 so was kind of working it all out for meself. AO is such a good source of info and experiences in that respect. :)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya AO has kinda helped me too, to keep it. There are some great people here with some very kind words for people and always willing to help.

I hope my car is back to 100% as well I may have stopped via a passat. Before it's all fixed now just needs a few little things done to it.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I am about to spend more than my car is worth to get it through it's MOT... why?! I must be mad.

Thing is, you just can't ask anyone who doesn't own an alfa for advice, because they will always tell you to dump the alfa and buy something more sensible. That's why I go to my alfa owning friends to cry.

Today's advice: "Just think of your alfa like a pet, it's a member of your famiy, it makes you smile and it even purrs... vets bills are *so* much worse"

·
Registered
268 Posts
Oh yeah, Alfas definitely get under your skin. I haven't even got one anymore but I still keep lurking around on here. It's a great forum with some fabulous cars on it.

I suppose after 2 Alfas, a Lancia and sundry Fiats I'm a bit of an Italophile though.

When I had my Alfas they were pampered regardless of cost - no skimping!! :)

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I was ready to sell mine on tuesday:lol: Some Pr*#k dented it and the belts need doing.Cant stand the thought of driving around in a banged up Alfa,and the cost of these things:eek: I was all ready to buy a Ford, cheap parts/service/labour and who cares if it gets dented.I can park a Ford anywhere without worrying about it.Now the dent's been lifted and it's booked in for belts etc i never want to get rid:) Momentary blip of Alfa ownership,it happens every now and again:lol:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Mine has never gone wrong (probably shouldn't have said that), and i am not sure how i would feel if it did. If it went majorly wrong i would have no option (as of next March when the warranty expires) but to get rid of it. Minor things wouldn't be too much bother. I do love my Alfa more than any other car i have owned (except maybe the Supra which i still miss soooo much) but at the end of the day it is just a car. Would i get another one? Probably, but if i had suffered a huge mechanical failure then i would most likely get a much newer model and run around in something like a crappy fiesta (urgh) until i could afford it.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My car is fighting me lol. I dunno what to do but it's not it's fault lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts