Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Managed to misplace the bolt that came with the car to take my locking wheel nuts off , how much of a nightmare is this going to be to replace? are they all the same? It's in a hexagonal shaped key in it.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I've got it, 46002873 is the number stuck on it.

I suspect my mate who was helping me fit new rear anti roll bar links the other day may have very helpfully left it on one of my wheels when I drove the car off...

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Halfrauds sell a universal one that unlocks all locking wheel nuts for £15.99, I saw it in there last week and thought, a thief would love one of those.........................

·
Registered
736 Posts
Do you feel its important to have the security bolts on your wheels????
I had a similar dilema the other month whilst having a new set of shoes fitted(tyres).
The tyre fitters warned me prior to removing the wheels that the security bolts could be tight and snap the socket.I told them to just jump on the extension bar it will be ok..Yup you guessed right it snapped the security socket at the 1st attempt.After another visit the tyre fitters using their big hammer and security bolt removers I now have no security bolts and have no doubt about my teledials being nicked..I suppose it depends on the asbo kids and wot they will nick for their 6pack of Lynx..

·
Registered
186 Posts
i got mine off with a big metal chisel and a sledge hammer. crude but it works:thumbs:

K

·
0 Posts
Mine has 15" pepperpots and you could buy a set for £40 so I regard locking nuts as a PITA I don't need.

The chisel works well but if the nuts are recessed in the wheels you might not be able to get at them. If this is the case, get a socket that's slightly too small for the bolt and bash the ****er on with a hammer. Then just undo it as normal. You may or may not be able to get the nut out of the socket after so expect it to cost you a socket or two.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts