1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
If it looks like that rendering, then it'll be OK - I don't think the 'face' from either the Brera or the 8C would have suited it.

I thought the 159 weight-loss was due in 2008 (or at least someone posted a thread in November saying it was two years away) anyway, so I guess 2008 for Europe, 2009 for UK is about on schedule.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jamieboy said:
I thought the 159 weight-loss was due in 2008 (or at least someone posted a thread in November saying it was two years away) anyway, so I guess 2008 for Europe, 2009 for UK is about on schedule.
Yeah the 159/Brera 'diet' was covered in Autocar at the end of last year but it was stated then that it would be a '2 stage' process.... 75kg 1st time round (next year) and then another 75kg a year later !!

N

·
0 Posts
nomad said:
Yeah the 159/Brera 'diet' was covered in Autocar at the end of last year but it was stated then that it would be a '2 stage' process.... 75kg 1st time round (next year) and then another 75kg a year later !!

You could probably do it yourself by ditching
the spare.

And there's also that huge lump of pig iron in the front
of yours which you could swap from some nice, light
aluminium too! ;) :cheese:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
nomad said:
Ah, fair enough - I was going by this thread which said the first stage was two years away.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nev said:
And there's also that huge lump of pig iron in the front
of yours which you could swap from some nice, light
aluminium too! ;) :cheese:
And turn it into a 'gutless wonder' :confused:

No thanks I'll stick with the faster of the two thanks !! :p ;)

:lol:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jamieboy said:
Ah, fair enough - I was going by this thread which said the first stage was two years away.
I'm pretty sure I've still got that edition at home somewhere Jamie so I'll try and look it out at the weekend to double check !! :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
It just looks like a 147 with a few inches removed from the rear now.
The front will fit in with the rest of the line-up, though I'm not sure that there will be plastic lenses over the front lights, as my dealer has told me that the 147 will lose these covers in a facelift, before the 149 comes out.

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
nomad said:
I'm pretty sure I've still got that edition at home somewhere Jamie so I'll try and look it out at the weekend to double check !! :)
Yeah, my understanding of the original Autocar article was the weight loss was in 2 stages of 75kg's, the first being "next year" which, as it was written in 2006 would be 2007.

However I don't have the magazine so please check Nomad and let us know what exactly it does say.

Cheers.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kevin Slegg said:
However I don't have the magazine so please check Nomad and let us know what exactly it does say.
Cheers.
Will do !! ;)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
If they put a V6 in there, then I want one, but I really doubt they will. The Autocar piece made it sound like Audi and Alfa were basically going to charge a lot of money for on the one hand a modded Punto and on the other a golf mk4 platform (the worst handling Golf ever) under the A1. They will be in danger of becoming overpriced fashion items like the Mini, but the Alfa could be a very desirable car all the same even with a 4-pot and FWD (with an LSD) if they get it right.

In fantasy-land, something light with perhaps the 2.5 Arese V6 and RWD or (light) 4WD would be ideal :cool:

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Mind you, the Punter is supposed to be getting a circa-190bhp turbo engine soon... Maybe Alfa will borrow that, put a red plastic "JTS" insert in the engine cover and chip it for another 10-15 bhp...

Could still tempt me, even with just 4 cylinders. :D

Ralf S.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ralf S. said:
Mind you, the Punter is supposed to be getting a circa-190bhp turbo engine soon... Maybe Alfa will borrow that, put a red plastic "JTS" insert in the engine cover and chip it for another 10-15 bhp...

Could still tempt me, even with just 4 cylinders. :D

Ralf S.
I heard that the Punto engine was going to be IRO 230bhp from the local dealership a couple of days ago.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Great post - lovely looking car, which puts my 207 at risk of an early change. And if they're using the Mini Cooper S as a benchmark (as reported), then things are looking good...

M

·
0 Posts
Looks superb:cool: . I dont think Alfa would have a problem with selling 80,000 a year as it would help the younger generation of Alfa lovers to get on the Alfa ladder. But could it affect the sales of the Grande Punto on which the Junior will be based:confused:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts