Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A year and bit on from my first and last Alfa, I have the want on me again. :cool:

My bro just bought a 08' 159 Ti :cool: , a quick spin in it has me lusting over the brand again.

This time I'll do it right!!, I'm looking for a project car, something that needs a bit of work wishbones, belts etc etc.
I'll spend the next couple of months getting it road worthy and try to do everything bar the belts myself.
Budget is extremely limited, so if anyone has a Sportwagon going cheap please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
A year and bit on from my first and last Alfa, I have the want on me again. :cool:

My bro just bought a 08' 159 Ti :cool: , a quick spin in it has me lusting over the brand again.

This time I'll do it right!!, I'm looking for a project car, something that needs a bit of work wishbones, belts etc etc.
I'll spend the next couple of months getting it road worthy and try to do everything bar the belts myself.
Budget is extremely limited, so if anyone has a Sportwagon going cheap please let me know.

Thanks
This might be for you:

ALFA 156 SPORTWAGON For Sale in Dublin : €650 - DoneDeal.ie

Padz on here is selling a 1.8TS but it's a saloon - quite a bit cheaper than that might suit you...

·
Administrator
87,325 Posts
Anymore details on Padz saloon??
See below & good luck with the hunt :thumbs:

Hey lads , does anyone want my 156 1.8 ? She needs some work ( camshaft sensor & starter motor mainly) but it would be an awful shame to scrap her as she has a 156 reg plate ! I would fix her but I have to fix my other 156 (timing belt slipped ! ) so if any of you want her , let me know before I scrap her at the weekend ! Thanks !

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks David, I sent him a PM.

Just phoned that silver spotwagon on donedeal again.

Its been off the road for 1 year and it needs clutch, wishbones, belts, battery and a couple of tyres.

Hmm any ideas on how much a clutch would cost?

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Thanks David, I sent him a PM.

Just phoned that silver sportwagon on donedeal again.

Its been off the road for 1 year and it needs clutch, wishbones, belts, battery and a couple of tyres.

Hmm any ideas on how much a clutch would cost?
I think Gerry in Ti would budget around €700....
First figure in my head for the lot is €1500....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think Gerry in Ti would budget around €700....
First figure in my head for the lot is €1500....
Yeah it maybe too far gone plus it was used as work van, commercial stickers down the sides etc so I'd say its had a hard enough life.

Next stop Padz 156. To be continued...........................................

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not gonna go for a saloon.

I'll bide my time and wait for the right Sportwagon :)

J

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That looks a cracker for the money, did you get out to look at it in he end? If not I'm in Meath so if its close enough by I could give it the once over for you.
No, I didn't have a minutes free time last weekend :rant:, I'm praying its still available this weekend.
Thanks for offer but my brother would hugely insulted if I didn't take him along for his opinion.

This is my bro's current steed.

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
No, I didn't have a minutes free time last weekend :rant:, I'm praying its still available this weekend.
Thanks for offer but my brother would hugely insulted if I didn't take him along for his opinion.

Need to be logged in to see that...

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Does anyone know anything about this Sportwagon?

2000 Alfa Romeo 156 18ts Lusso Sportwagon For Sale For Sale in Meath from Rapido Corsa

Please PM if it is negative as I don't want to publicly abuse someones pride and joy.

Thanks
Id be curious why the engine temp is over the 88 degree mark....

J

·
0 Posts

Mmmm, good looking car that I can see why you'd be hankering yourself! get in there quick!

Edit: SOLD! Did you get it Gav?

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Id be curious why the engine temp is over the 88 degree mark....
Kev,

My temp gauge goes over 90 when idling in traffic etc.
The 156 gauges are notorious for 'variations/inaccuracies.'

Rory

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mmmm, good looking car that I can see why you'd be hankering yourself! get in there quick!

Edit: SOLD! Did you get it Gav?
No it wasn't me :cry:

There is a lot of talk about redundancies in my work, so I'll put the hunt on hold until I know where I stand with my job. :eek:

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I hear ya.. 2 people got the chop on friday and the tension is getting to me. Although to be fair one of them couldn't do a good job if it was done for him

1 - 20 of 36 Posts