Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
And there you have it Ladies and Gentlemen. Yet another false dawn.

Makes sense now in hindsight why AR had zero presence at the recent Detroit motor show.

So where to now? What of talk they needed to get back into North America to drive much needed sales to resurrect the flagging marque?

Oh yes, that's right. They will reconsider a US entry in a year's time. That's what they've been saying for nearly the past decade. :rolleyes:

All we need now is for AR to start rebadging Dodge's. Then they will lose me for good.

And there's that line again. AR is not for sale. Anyone for a deckchair swap on the Titanic?

The Machiavellian labyrinth that is FIAT spa and AR.

A riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
To a certain extent FIAT is doing what GM did to SAAB.
Slowly loosing the Alfisti and the SAABi or what ever they were called ;) :) and not getting and retaining new Blood.
A genuine recipe for Marque death.

Personally whilst I was an eager buyer of pre FIAT Alfa Romeos, I am a 'conservative' buyer of FIAT Alfa Romeos.

·
Registered
7,732 Posts
Honestly this news is all really quite ridiculous and pathetic. Of course we all new that Alfa Romeo would never re-enter the US market, but instead we were a little seduced by all the hints and comments and good intentions that AR would re-launch in North America, with all the hoped for high profile activity and perhaps future benefits.

So what now? It's clear the intention is to reign back on immediate investment in AR. The new 159 (Giulia) and 169 are shelved and presumably the days of the GT are numbered. Apart from the new Fiat Group engines, where does AR go from here? I doubt whether we'll get any insight to this either, so confused, opaque and clandestine is the direction of Fiat Group management.

I am really trying (this time) to put aside any conspiracy theories, and I'm sorry if this sounds negative, but surely all the pieces are being put in place to close Alfa Romeo down?

In the meantime I will refuse to believe anything that this misguided, misdirected, and thoroughly disingenuous bunch of Fiat Group Plutocrats have to say.

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wonder what the atmosphere will be like at the celebrations in Milan? 'Alfa hugs Milan'...mmm, wouldn't be surprised if Milan shows Alfa where it can place its hug...

I didn't really believe Alfa would return to the States, because as was said earlier, every year they're 'returning to the States'.

But I am getting uncomfortable feelings about Alfa's destiny...

·
Administrator
46,871 Posts
Wow. Looking at this thread is like reading a Manchester United forum at the moment!
(Not that I'm saying either are necessarily incorrect at the mo!)

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow. Looking at this thread is like reading a Manchester United forum at the moment!
(Not that I'm saying either are necessarily incorrect at the mo!)
Has Man United decided not to enter the States as well, then? ;)

·
Administrator
46,871 Posts
I think Man United (the fans at least) are wishing the States would get away from them!

While the approaches to the States involvement are polar opposites, the similarity is very much in the predictions of doom and demise.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Not another "Alfa Romeo are doomed thread". Haven't we had enough of these lately.:rolleyes:
Quite agree, none of us know what the future hold and some of the...lets be generous, speculation by other members is frankly ludicrous.

Let's just wait until something concrete comes out of Fiat/Alfa HQ. :)

·
Registered
7,732 Posts
Quite agree, none of us know what the future hold and some of the...lets be generous, speculation by other members is frankly ludicrous.

Let's just wait until something concrete comes out of Fiat/Alfa HQ. :)
Problem is, Fiat Group management don't know what's going on either:lol::lol::cheese:

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
The great thing about announcements about Alfa's future is that if you don't like the latest one, don't worry, there'll be another one along in a month or so.

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
It will never be a good time to get back in to the American market. Fiat / Alfa Romeo need to hold their noses and dive in. I thought the whole point of buying Chrysler was to get access to that market :confused:

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The great thing about announcements about Alfa's future is that if you don't like the latest one, don't worry, there'll be another one along in a month or so.
:lol:

They'll buying Saab next.

Just thought - this month's Alfa's future statement, is that 'Alfa is not for sale'.

How long till February? :)

G

·
0 Posts
:lol: Very well said. Better get to Milan and enjoy it this year, who knows what will happen next.... And as someone else said, Milan might not be that happy to see us. They closed down everything in Milan (well except the Museum) and Alfa is a sad shadow of its former self.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
7,732 Posts
:lol:

They'll buying Saab next.

Just thought - this month's Alfa's future statement, is that 'Alfa is not for sale'.

How long till February? :)
Well next month they might say that Alfa might return to the American market........again:lol:

They've got 11 days to pull out the old script again........

1 - 20 of 89 Posts