Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Hi guys
I need insure my 156 2.4 jdt veloce 2001 ! I'm getting quotes from £560 -£960 I'm 39 with full no claims what a joke! The cars wurth f all Not happy!!!!!

Rank over

Regards John
im sure insurance companies have 2.4 down as 175bhp regardless of year power thus the premiums

·
Registered
518 Posts
Nope, 2.4 here too and 350 quid fully comp with LV. My insurance went *down* by 12 quid when I moved up from a 100 bhp 1.9 Volvo to a 150 bhp 2.4 156...

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Well the £960 was through lv so I'm told
Why the "so I'm told"?
Surely you know who the quote was from?
Or are use using a broker that is being a bit vague?

Have you tried the usual comparison websites?

·
Vendor
46,141 Posts
The LV one was through a broker, done the compare ones too! I've had Alfa's all my life and have paid over the odds compared to my mates with golfs! but I think it's time for a change now
Try getting a quote from their website, they were good for me.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Well the £960 was through lv so I'm told, why am I getting raped then??
is it down to your postcode........?
ur best quote is £560 so dont worry about the £960 !

remember policies have gone up about 30% this year due to fraudulant claims and all the no win no fee claim agencies

Gary

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
I think there have been large increases across the board - total rip off merchants :tut:

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
That does seem high - it must be your postcode. I am paying £502 for my 3.2 Brera, with 3 years NCB and I am 27.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
£302 fully comp, protected ncd etc etc on my 1.6 147.

I'm looking to buy a Boxster and fully comp quotes on that are only £540. I'm 46 with a NG16 post code and one not at fault claim.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Actually I've just looked through my emails and that quote is with my current insurer and its only gone up by £7 since last year!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just had to fork out £1142 for my GT.This was a ten month bonus accelerator scheme with admiral. Im 22 though with 5 points! They wanted an extra £600 if I wanted to pay by monthly installments :-O

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
yeh, lots of people are buying insurance, paying monthly then stopping the payments after the first few months but keeping the certificate. Might fool an ordinary plod (and let them tax the car for twelve months) but won't fool the computer!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just today got my new (to me) 159 2.4 ti Q4 for £370 and that's thats fully comp and business.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts