Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,619 Posts
Great Video, it's funny as when I visited the Lambo factory in 2009 I asked what does one do if he wants to restore a Miura, the lady shrugged and said there were lots of indies who could help, now they have a full blown dedicated historics department, Aston Martin had one for years where you could get pretty much any part for any car. It's nice FCA are doing this heritage thing, it's much more interesting than what's to come.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Fantastic.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
Lovely. So if I had a GTV6, could they bring it back to factory new?

(Hmm... and now I’m thinking about a Strada 65CL again!)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
Sweet case. Pricey?

·
Registered
33,710 Posts
It was on Partsworld.com and I was umming and aaring when the next day they sent a flash sale 10%off e-mail that nudged me...

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
What’s in the case cleaning kit wise, Cue? Off the shelf stuff or bespoke?

·
Registered
33,710 Posts
All quite “taster size” but seem to work well!

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
Ok :) but nothing there I can’t do with my autoglym polish and the bumper and trim gel? :)

6D97738F-2732-4AB0-9462-F4DF58F58AFE.jpeg

·
Registered
33,710 Posts
The interesting thing is the ingredients on each bottle; tyre dressing is largely glycerin. The chamois leather is quarter size! Nice bag.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
:) ok, I think then I’ll pass for the time being, even though the bag does look lovely :)

·
Registered
33,710 Posts
The 190 is looking good. Does Mercedes do any heritage support for it. I remember a colleague finding the dealer could help a while after it was discontinued.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
I don’t know whether it does to be honest. I don’t see it as a heritage car or - cringe - a classic. Its day in, day out reliability, efficiency and ability stand practical comparison with a modern, makes it ‘just’ a nice, sensible, durable, used Merc in my eyes.

My 190 is 30 years old this year. Crikey!

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
Ah ok, get it. So the 2.0 W201 must already have the H Mark.

I would love, love, love, a 500E. Though I would need a few more years at finishing school before one would open its doors to me ;-)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
Easy! Dedra! You mean how the roof dips down? For aerodynamics on the 190, also for the Lancia?

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
It’s been a long time since I looked at at Y10 - let me check. Heard that On smaller cars it’s harder to control the air flow because the smaller shape give you less opportunity to do so. As an odd comparison, speech recognition technology is the same; it’s harder for it to process and recognise ‘I’ than ‘I like’

1 - 20 of 28 Posts