Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
33,768 Posts
I heard the coupe would be based on the same platform as the next Maserati Granturismo. Does that mean the new Granturismo is Giulia based?

·
Registered
33,768 Posts
The big SUV is true but the coupe is speculation as it's more likely to be further upmarket and Maserati based. They didn't even get a schoolboy to do a Photoshop mashup.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Not exactly confirmed until it's shown at a motor show! We've been waiting for it for 2 years and there's a new story confirming it's existence every 3 or 4 months!

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
It seems odd that Alfaowner.com had it as their lead news item in their monthly email if it's fake.
Then again, I have no idea who is behind the running of the site. I would hope they're at least a few steps up from the utterly pointless Auto Express clairvoyants...

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
The link's not working anymore. Or is it just me?

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Link still functions for me. I don't think Autoguide pay enough attention to AlfaOwner to make the link that these news items are nonsense. I never fail to be amazed at how decoupled AutoGuide is from the forums. They must have taken the Alfa Romeo course in ignoring customers.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
I'm not going to lie, to be fair to the artist, that is a pretty striking remodelling.

Better than the Auto Express smudge-blend job that they usually pull off. Looks a little off at the back end, but the front is well-considered.

To be fair, with that front, you wouldn't forget it would you? Not half bad.

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Ah, the link works again for me now. I must've been overloading my pc!

A shame it's utter nonsense then, I really thought we had a glimmer of hope there...

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Speaking of hope, this R&T article made me chuckle:

Alfa Romeo's 5-Series Rival Delayed Until 2021 - New Alfa Sedan Delayed

"With the news FCA will be using an upgraded version of the Giulia's platform on the next Maserati Ghibli sedan, this has us wondering: Does the company really need two versions of the same car competing in the same class? "

:lol:

They question these two cars, but do not bother with the Golf-A3-Leon, Passat-Octavia-A4-Exeo, and errrm... awww f*** it, any other VAG lineages?

Imagine the slamming FCA would get if an Alfa and a Maserati shared platforms for similar cars with similar engines. :tut:

Not that FCA will ever make any other Alfa or Maserati to pan.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts