Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello There

My washer jet seems to have packed up as I think I tried to use it when there was no water in the resevoir...(my bad)

I am trying to locate the washer jet fuse but cant seem to find it in the GTV manual?

Could someone point me in the right direction please :)

Many Thanks

Ben

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,380 Posts
Using the washer with no water in the tank would not damage anything.

When you try to use the washer do you hear the pump running ?

I think that there may be a filter in the tank too but not sure about this.

·
Registered
629 Posts
There is also a tiny filter in the connector which joins the hose on each wiper arm into one, it's under the black plastic panel, I ended up replacing it with a Y connector from a fish tank.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

Thanks for your reply, there is absolutely no noise coming from the pump so Im hoping its just the fuse that has blown? its either that or the motor has blown completely as I may have tried to use it when it was frozen......

Any ideas? But I still cant find the washer jet fuse??

·
Registered
629 Posts
Anything else on/in the car not working? I doubt very much that the washer pump has a fuse to itself in the fuse box.

·
Registered
12,810 Posts
There is also a tiny filter in the connector which joins the hose on each wiper arm into one, it's under the black plastic panel, I ended up replacing it with a Y connector from a fish tank.
:thumbs:....I had a similar problem 2 weeks ago, passenger side washer not working. A quick search through previous threads led me to that connector, a quick poke with a needle and it was working again, think it's a non-return flap that got stuck.....:)

·
16,380 Posts
Hi

Thanks for your reply, there is absolutely no noise coming from the pump so Im hoping its just the fuse that has blown? its either that or the motor has blown completely as I may have tried to use it when it was frozen......

Any ideas? But I still cant find the washer jet fuse??
Can't find which fuse it is either but as said before it's unlikely that the pump has a fuse all to itself so if everything else is working OK then it's probably not a fuse.

The best way from here is to apply 12 Volts directly to the motor, this will check if the motor is OK or not. If the motor runs then you are looking at a poor/loose connection/switch/wiring fault, could be a few things.

Of course if putting 12 Volts straight to the motor doesn't make it run then looks like new motor time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, everything else seems to be working absolutely fine ...... bugger, is there any guides that show how to replace the washer motor?

·
16,380 Posts
No, everything else seems to be working absolutely fine ...... bugger, is there any guides that show how to replace the washer motor?
Have you checked the motor to see if it runs when you put 12 volts direct to it ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had alot of people coming into my working looking for a 10a mini blade fuse which is solely used for washer pumps, we keep running out of the little packets of them. Thats usually the type of fuse it is 10 amp mini (red)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts