Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am facing a very difficult decision...

Should I buy a 2003 GTV with facelift or a 2003 156 GTA

GTV has 64 000 km and is $22 000 aus
156 GTA has 63 000 km and is $29 000 aus

Can anyone help me in my very difficult decision??

·
Registered
41 Posts
that depends on what you need the car for..
if you have a family then go for the 156 as it offers more practicality than the GTV, but if your looking for a car that you can really drive and fling around then go for the GTV.....I did!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think you should buy my 99 GTV with zender cup kit, 18" wheels, Q2, Eibach, custom stereo, CDA BMC, Powerflexed looks alot better than 2003 :p
The only problem is i broke it yesterday :( lol

·
Registered
162 Posts
Seriously though, Depending on how much you want to spend...
At prestige formula on glen osmond rd theres a 2007 (NEW 10kms) for sale... Guys are trying to get rid of it... he wants something like $60,000 for it and I told him i was only looking for around $40,000 and he went down to $50,000 just like that!!! and again i told him i was only looking at spending $40,000 then he said well he will see what he can do! I want to sell my car and i was kinda hoping it would still be there but go have a look! its a 3.2L V6 with zender kit... awsome bargain!!!

oops forgot to say, its an alfa 159 (in my opinion much better than 156)

A

·
0 Posts
I am facing a very difficult decision...

Should I buy a 2003 GTV with facelift or a 2003 156 GTA

GTV has 64 000 km and is $22 000 aus
156 GTA has 63 000 km and is $29 000 aus

Can anyone help me in my very difficult decision??
Thats bloody expensive!
$29,000 AUS = approx £14,500 for a 2003 156 GTA
Be about half that here

·
Registered
111 Posts
It purely depends on what you need it for - if you want to carry more than one passenger at all (passengers with legs, that is), then the GTA is a fabulous looking thing with a great engine.

Now I may be a little biased:rolleyes: , but I think the P3 is a much better looking car than the P2, which was a bloody good looking car to start off with, not that you'll find many round here who'd agree. If the one you've seen has the Enzo five-spokes then these really set off the more aggressive, modern nose a treat.

Don't know the stats on the GTA but the facelift V6 GTV is a pretty rare car too, so may help the residual value.

J

·
0 Posts
i have both a 156 and a spider, and i have had a GTV......

Now i live the GTV/Spider for its fun and handling, and if i was a single guy i know what i would have as a daily driver, but i'm not....so i have the 156 for those days when i have to carry the family and do the sensible thing..

That said the 156 is a very capable car and set up properly will give as much grin factor as a GTV, especially in GTA form

·
Registered
7,453 Posts
Remember the GTV is a much older car by initial design than the GTA, and is far less practical than the GTA four door saloon. You can also 'throw around' the GTA with more confidence than the GTV, unless of course the GTV has undergone a fundamental upgrade in suspension components.

I'm not setting out to knock the GTV, I have both a 916 Spider and a limited edition 156 Sport. I'm just trying to say that the GTV makes an excellent second car - so ideally buy both! (unlikely I know as the prices in Australia are totally ludicrous).

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,380 Posts
i had this exact same dilemma last year and went for the 3.0 GTV. i am more than happy with it but sometimes i do wonder what would have been had i gone for the 156 GTA. maybe one day i will go for the GTA unless i get tempted by a Brera

1 - 10 of 10 Posts