Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks
I have a 98 R GTV V6 which I bought in April 2006. Generally I've had problem free motoring but have just had the yearly service (in Jan) and was advised that the rear spring pan arms would need replacing the next time the car is serviced due to slight play in the rear spring pan bearings. I was advised these cost £200 each and so would be looking at a pretty big bill once labour is taken into account.

It has just recently started to squeak very loudly from the rear; it sounds like it's coming from the suspension. I can get it to make the squeaking noise by pushing from the side when the car is stationary.

I wonder if this squeaking is necessarily an indication of a huge impending garage bill. Could it be caused by the recent cold weather? Is there an alternative to replacing the spring pan arms? Also, is this likely to pose a danger in the short term if left unchecked?

Many thanks for any help you can provide

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Hi Henners, welcome to AO. :)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I wonder if this squeaking is necessarily an indication of a huge impending garage bill. Could it be caused by the recent cold weather? Is there an alternative to replacing the spring pan arms? Also, is this likely to pose a danger in the short term if left unchecked?
You might be very lucky and get away with just changing the bushes with powerflex ones, but the longer you leave it the more likely it it the pan arms will need to be changed - sorry :(

H

·
0 Posts
Henners welcome to AO
Be real carefull like Gary said the longer it's left can also give you sub frame problems I know I inherited this problem with mine it cost £1500to put right :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts