Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I have made the decision to sell my v6 gtv and possibly my j10 spider next year due to the purchase of a buy to let property. It scheduled for a Ebay 10 day auction starting thursday 17th ending sunday the 27th October. Or £1000 buys it.

The v6 has been sat under cover (included) on my drive since July 2018 so will need some work and a mot to get her back on the road.

I bought this gtv in 2014 and really enjoyed owning this car and document the work I have done over the years, please see my gtv thread

http://www.squadra916.com/forums/topic/3595-alfa-gtv-v6-project-black-edition/?page=1

I simply dont have the time anymore especially now I really want this car to go to a enthusiast who will get her back on the road. I am fully away it has lots of expensive parts fitted to her but will not sell her to a breaker.

I had the upgraded gta clutch and single mass gta lighten flywheel. The Cambelt was done late 2016 so no changed need for the next few years. Quad exhausts, 19inch alloys, Hid lights, Tan leather interior, italian leather gear gaitors, sony clip off mp3/aux/CD player, Bma Air filter, Drilled and dimpled front discs and more i have probally missed, spent thousands over the last few years.

So the bad,

The gtv has sat for over a year and developed a few faults.

1) i start the car over every three months or so and just let the engine run, one day I did this it just conked out, I restarted and it runs but the engine now has a misfire, I have had the fault codes read and not showing a fault. I think possible the throttle body wiring but dont know, if it was a coil pack surely it would have thrown ups fault. A few coul packs included in the sale.

2) Theirs a leak in the brake line next to abs unit, no other brake link issues spent £600 having a load of pipes repairs in 2017. Their is easy access as you can see the break right next to the abs unit, the leak does make it difficult to change gear. I had to bleed the slave to get the gear change again, The abs light is on due to this leak.

3)Oil leak from front rocket gaskets, front tyres need to be pumped up when the car is left sat for months and no mot.

This would be a great project for someone with spare time and handy with spanners. Please have realistic expectations, its 20 years old now on the original paint so expect a few drinks and scratches. Clean mot history you can check on Govement website the reg s496aag.

Big folder with thousands of pounds worth of receipts. I also have three keys including the all important brown key.

Viewing welcome I live in castle donington just off the m1

Any questions please message.

How do I add pictures?? Pics to follow thanks Jon

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey guys how do I add pictures

When click on the paperclip like previously putting up pictures a page loads but say 'this paper isn't available" ???

Any ideas

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Adding photos

Scroll down to where it says ‘go advanced’ then scroll down to ‘manage attachments’. Click on that and click on ‘chose file’ and that should take you to your photo library... or at least it does on an iPad (other over-priced tablets are available).

Random photo of my GTV added just to make sure it works and a shameless attempt to get a few likes to flatter my ego.

Hopefully you’ll find someone to buy your car before it goes on eBay and I end up looking for a car transporter, lock up garage and a divorce lawyer bidding after one too many Peronis (early start of the beer Saturday watching the England front five smashing the Aussie pack all over the park at 0815).

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts