Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
basicly what it says i have a GTV P1 with standard teardrop alloys, but have a broken 156 with 16" teledial alloys i would like to put these on it, will they fit?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Well plenty say no, but I've seen a few pics of them on GTV's...
Try em I guess:lol:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I thought the offset was different ??????

Cheers to All
Peter

·
Registered
39,044 Posts
I thought the offset was different ??????

Cheers to All
Peter

The offset is different. You need longer bolts and spacers otherwise it will look odd.

The 156 wheels also foul the Brembos on 3 litre versions although they might be ok with the spacers fitted.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmmmm sounds like more bother than the worth of it, maybe just save for a nice set of aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
39,044 Posts
How about some 16" Phase 2 wheels? They look pretty good and are easier to keep clean than the Tele's.

There is not a massive selection of aftermarket 5 x 98 PCD wheels around.

·
Registered
45 Posts
erp

I have 156 teledials on my phase 1 gtv.

You need these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/15mm-Hubcentr...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item33502fed18

and the rears need machining to sit properly against the hub - I went to the place in person to make sure it all got done correctly and they were sound - should be able to do the same again without needing the car there.

They didn't seem to think the wheel bolts needed to be longer but i already had longer ones from an attempt to use crappy 10mm universal spacers.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah wouldn't mind some phase 2 wheels, they sit happily on phase 1? tracking a set down is the tricky part, and getting them here (orkney) to is usually expensive!

·
Registered
39,044 Posts
yeah wouldn't mind some phase 2 wheels, they sit happily on phase 1? tracking a set down is the tricky part, and getting them here (orkney) to is usually expensive!
Phase 2 wheels fit straight onto a phase 1 :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ive just been through this. The guy I got my teledials off told me they were the same offset as my GTV, they are not. The Tear drops are a 30.5mm offset and the 156 teledials are a 41.5 mm offset. They foul to the point that the car won't move, and the wheel man stripped three threads in the process. I'm not happy, and it wasn't worth the hassle. I'm gonna save up and get 17" with the correct offset! Hope this helps

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmmm they do look like a bargain, will have to see what kind of money i have left after paying to have the gearbox replaced in mine!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts