Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sorry to say that i part exchanged my alfa GTV 3.0 V6 on saturday. Althou it was a sad day it had to go.

My new car is now a BMW Z3 M Roadster. It is amazing. I cant believe the amount of power it has and brings a smile to my face everytime i get in it.

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Enjoy your car but remember that other than other BMW drivers, no one likes you any more ;) :eek: :lol:

·
Vendor
46,115 Posts
Enjoy your car but remember that other than other BMW drivers, no one likes you any more ;) :eek: :lol:
:tut: :lol:

Z3M is a great car, I love them. 321bhp. :wow:

Shame they didn't put the E46 3.2 with 343bhp in though, you can never have too much power :D

If I was going to get a BMW it would either be a V8 engine'd 5 series, or an M Coupe, which are so rare and proper cool :cool:

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Ooer, one more off to the dark side then!! No doubt you will enjoy the power but I'm wondering if you'll miss the style of the GTV and the sound of the Arese V6? It will be interesting to know what the differences are long term too.

·
Vendor
46,115 Posts
M Divisions 3.2 6 is a stunning engine. Total masterpiece, but it doesn't sound as good as an Arese V6.. Not many engines do, but the BMW motor is the better engine (and so it should be, it costs loads more).

As for handling, ride, braking, the Z3M is going to be better than the GTV as well. But will it feel as special once you get used to the power? Only time can tell :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
:mad: heathen...
but for arguments sake, these 4 are a class apart...forget about the other beemers:
1.850i
2.M coupe
3.original CSL
4.Z8

where was i.....ah, yes....:vomit:

·
Vendor
46,115 Posts
Agree with the first 3, but the Z8?! Sorry, but that is a pants car :lol:

·
AO Member, 166/164 Lounge Winner 09
820 Posts
I like those too - but I prefer the Coupe. Congrats GTV07.

For the record - BMWs I'd have

M Coupe
E30 M3
E36 M3
E34 M5...

M1 and maybe an 8 Series.

That's about it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is awesome. I also got one with all the options so it has a factory hard top so its pretty close to the legendary M Coupe. I actually really like the sound of the M engine as well. It has a real grunt to it. Thinking maybe next year i will look at investing in an M6 if my mood is good.

Miss the alfa already but the Z3 M Roadster is a better car with a little more wow factor

G

·
0 Posts
I like the Z3 Roadster. Have only ever seen one out and about. I bet it is well quick

What mileage etc was your GTV and how much did you get for it part ex?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts