Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
29,994 Posts
Anything is possible if you change enough parts over.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,359 Posts
possible, yes. worth it? no. for what it would cost you to do the job you may as well just sell your TS car and buy a V6 instead

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
If you're intent on keeping the ts a better bet would be to put in a turbo ... That way you get the speed of the v6 with the lightness if the ts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
a Fiat 5 pot turbo would be a better thing to fit :D
That's the same basic block as the 10v Diesel ... best bet would be to put one of those in ... and yes someone has already done it!!!

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
:lol: TS Bashing thread? I love the TS engines, just not as much as the V6.
I used to think 16V TS engines were great when they came out, however my views have changed somewhat recently.

I think they are underpowered (by modern standards), lacking in low rev torque, fragile and thirsty.

I have had a few now, but I don't think I will be having another unless it is in a 145QV

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
got a 147 t spark which needs thrashing to get any performance out
wife has it and to be honest its great for her but once youve had a v6 nothing else comes close

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
plus at 140,00 miles its on its second engine. a v6 would still be going strong

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
You'd need to change the springs/dampers too if you put a heavy V6 in there

"That's the same basic block as the 10v Diesel ... best bet would be to put one of those in ... and yes someone has already done it!!! "

- Isn't the 2.4jtd even heavier than the V6 ?

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
I would go down the Fiat 20v turbo route.

Easy to tune, sounds great an hardly uses more fuel than a TS in normal driving.

Also no silly dual mass flywheels, exploding diffs or fly by wire throttles to worry about.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
You'd need to change the springs/dampers too if you put a heavy V6 in there

"That's the same basic block as the 10v Diesel ... best bet would be to put one of those in ... and yes someone has already done it!!! "

- Isn't the 2.4jtd even heavier than the V6 ?
Nope the v6 is ever so slightly heavier iirc ... But tbh there isn't much in it

·
Premium Member
45,013 Posts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
possibly it was the GTA that was slightly hevier then ... although 30kg is not really a massive difference (especially when the 10v with a remap is more powerful :p)

·
Premium Member
45,013 Posts
possibly it was the GTA that was slightly hevier then ... although 30kg is not really a massive difference (especially when the 10v with a remap is more powerful :p)
GTA is a fair bit heavier in the stats, but partly cause everything that is an optional extra on a normal 156 is standard on the GTA, so gets weighed with the car. Plus the GTA leathers are considerably heavier than normal seats.

You can tell the difference in the weight of the front end from the JTD to the V6 I reckon, the V6 feels nimbler. Sometimes the JTD 10v with a remap is more powerful than a 2.5, looking forward to getting mine done. I still don't know if it would stick with a 2.5 V6 in a drag race cause of the gearing, but the JTD would feel quicker in day to day driving, even a well running non-remapped one like mine feels very quick.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts