Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be about to buy a lipari grey Alfa GT with red leather. I have seen gthe pics but not have never sat in a GT with red leather. Ideally need to go and see one before I take the 3 hour trip to buy it. Wwhat is your opinion on red leather? Is it cool or will I look like a pimp? Aanyone out there got one??????:confused:

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
I think lipari grey and red leather looks fantastic on the GT. :cool:

·
Registered
40,027 Posts
Red leather is cool. :cool:

IMO it is far better than beige, Natural, cream etc...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good response so far. I agree that natural looks pretty grim but I know that I like the Tan leather. black and grey are just standard looking and red is just out there. I could do with finding a dealer with a GT with red leather before I go.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
A guy up the street from me has a silver 156 with red leather and it looks devine. I'd have had it with black paint if I wasn't getting a dealer stock car cheap.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found one.. A dealer near where i live has a black one with red leather... close enough

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
i have red leather, and love it. granted, it is a lot more 'in ya face' compared with black/tan, but i would say those classical colours are also conservative.

red is also proving practical, and doesn't show dirt (compared with say tan). i think it brightens up the interior, and also matches the red backlighting of the dash. i give it a big thumbs up.

:)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Agree with all the other comments - don't take too much notice of any pictures - the ones of the Brera on the alfa website look :vomit:

I love mine, but it was a bit of a worry seeing a red interior for the first time when i went to collect it!

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Pity they don't do red leather with Alfa red, for some reason it's not an option. BTW I happen to like red cars.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My stromboli grey GT has red leather. Had to wait to find one, but the way I see it is you are buying a cool italian coupe - so you may as well do it properly!

My boss has just bought a 430 Spider and has picked exactly the same colour combi as this. Sure it will look fab!

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Coolest combos in reverse order:

Red/Tan, Black/Tan, Blue/Tan, Black/Red, Grey/Red

I think grey and red looks fantastic, especially on a GT.

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
I may be about to buy a lipari grey Alfa GT with red leather. I have seen gthe pics but not have never sat in a GT with red leather. Ideally need to go and see one before I take the 3 hour trip to buy it. Wwhat is your opinion on red leather? Is it cool or will I look like a pimp? Aanyone out there got one??????:confused:
I've got red leather in my 156 - its simply the best colour to have - honest :) :) :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts