Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New project for 2018, the Gt is getting a q4 system from a donor 156 crosswagon and a twin/bi-turbo kit from a donor saab 9-3 TTID, all the parts are sourced and ready to be mounted.
The TTid engine is the exact same engine as the 16v 1.9 Jtd but I dont know if the intake manifold is any different, if anyone knows anything else about this conversion feel free to give some tips as I will most likely need all the help I can get :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
I think Saab intake manifold is slightly deferent, not much though, there are some Saab deflapped intake manifolds on eBay ready to fit Alfa jtdm so I guess you'll manage to fit it
Btw awesome project buddy I'll be following up your posts here so please do not forget to shoot as many pics as possible ;)

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bazzabara

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
That sounds an absolutely great idea.

I will be watching with interest.

The diesel situation over here now makes it pointless doing such a project unless you live in the sticks and rarely go into towns.

What's your aim on the state of tune..?

Gotta be at least 300hp..?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sounds an absolutely great idea.

I will be watching with interest.

The diesel situation over here now makes it pointless doing such a project unless you live in the sticks and rarely go into towns.

What's your aim on the state of tune..?

Gotta be at least 300hp..?
There is a diesel "situation" going on here in Sweden too and I was actually planning on putting in a 2.5 v6 busso when I got the q4 but that would be too much work and I feel this will be a much easier solution (hopefully!) We will se what happens, I will be posting my progress as I go along.

Good question. When it comes to power I will have to do some more research on that, the car is mapped to about 200hp right now and I do have a stage 2 clutch in at the moment, not sure how much power that can take and the gearbox is a questionmark aswell, dont want to blow it up with the massive torque increase..

Whats the highest the gt jtd box has been pushed? If anyone knows feel free to comment.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think Saab intake manifold is slightly deferent, not much though, there are some Saab deflapped intake manifolds on eBay ready to fit Alfa jtdm so I guess you'll manage to fit it
Btw awesome project buddy I'll be following up your posts here so please do not forget to shoot as many pics as possible ;)

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tip! The good thing is that our junkyards here in Sweden are starting to get filled with these ttid engines so parts are almost free but the q4 system was something I wanted to doo since I got the GT about 3 years ago, but there were almost no crosswagons sold in sweden so I had to wait a long time for one to come up.

I do have some other projects I need to finish first so dont expect this to be a quick one, but I will be posting as I go along :)

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Clutch is the only real issue as such.

Box is good for it but If going that high a state of tune on a fwd then a quaife is probably a good idea.

Best of luck:thumbup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Now that is something I wanted to do with the 147GTA in near future. Damn I need to watch this thread!

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,665 Posts
Interesting. More on the Q4 side than the TTiD side for me

Good luck and hope it works out well for you :)

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
The Q4 system is based on the 4 cylinder diesel. The TS / TBi engine blocks are the same dimensions and bolt patterns mostly everywhere. The V6 could be adapted with a gearbox bolt adapter plate with enough engineering effort, but gear ratios will still be very long for petrol 7500 rpm red line instead of the 4500rpm red in a diesel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts