Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi so i dont break anything !! anybody advise on best way to change the alfa gt wing mirror covers ? just bought blackline chrome ones and want to change the painted ones.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
I did my 147 a couple of weeks ago, didnt fancy getting the mirror glass out as read its easy to break so slid a slim blade carefully between the cover and the housing and wriggled it a bit and the covers just poppped off with no damage and then just slide the new ones back on, bit of a thump and they clicked on, not as poetic as the other method but seemed to work

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I did this in the summer and its a tricky little number. Be careful when you prise the mirror glass out. :thumbs:
Damien.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
all i want now is a set of 18" Blackline alloys !
Think that might be nigh on impossible to find though from what ive seen ! any recommendations for 18" alloys ? ;-D ???

·
Registered
88 Posts
They look great andystewart. Just got to get around to fitting mine.........................

The last set of Blacklines i saw on ebay was about 6 months ago & went for silly money. Saying that i think you are best to hold out for a set as most non-alfa alloys just look a bit dubious if you ask me.

Not much help was i?!:(

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Ian, cheers for the reply.
they took about 20 minutes to fit so reckon you should have a go ! theres a dealer selling set of blackline alloys in chorley but he sold 2 the other day so only 2 left :confused: why not sell the set ?? anyway your right aftermarket ones look suspect too i think . cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts