Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just taken ownership of an Alfa GT JTD, absolutely pleased with it. I have one issue with the passenger window. It lowers fine, but when I try to close it, it dosen't close as one single operation. It basically moves up a few inches at a time, so I have to continuously have to operate the electric window button to completely close the window. I am not sure whether there is too much resistance in the seals which is preventing a single continuous action for window closure. Anyone got any ideas? Would a reset do the trick. I read that you can reset the windows by pressing the button down for 10 seconds and then another 10 seconds when the window is shut.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Guy,

Depends on the year / software version.

My 2006 GT had auto down and up on the passenger side but my 2008 doesn't, only auto down. Something about health & safety I believe.

Your manual should make reference to which it should be.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi,

Do the soft reset.

1. Put the window down and hold the button down for 10 seconds.
2. Put the window up (even in small increments if required) and hold the button up for 10 seconds.
3. Might have to try it a few times.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all,

Yes tried the soft reset it sorted the problem out straight away. That is a very handy tip.

Thanks smbmetal, will try that again next time if I get same problem.

Cheers

·
Registered
205 Posts
Great!

I have to do this about once a month, depending on how much I use the windows. This is not a permanent fix I'm afraid but does work temporarily. :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
loads and loads of threads on this issue.... reminds me, I need to reset mine again... only seems to ever happen on the passenger side window though

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ive had my GT 4 days and the passenger window has the same issue!

has anyone had this problem with the NON auto up on passenger side?

·
Registered
35 Posts
2006 gt

I have a 2006 GT and also have a problem with the passenger side window, slightly different as mine stops lowering when you open the door. If you carry out the soft reset it works ok for a few times but then reverts back to not lowering when you open the door. Has anyone else had this problem or knows of a permanent fix. Thanks

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
I have a 2006 GT and also have a problem with the passenger side window, slightly different as mine stops lowering when you open the door. If you carry out the soft reset it works ok for a few times but then reverts back to not lowering when you open the door. Has anyone else had this problem or knows of a permanent fix. Thanks

As a permanent fix, your window nodes may need to be replaced

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi All i have a window problem to :rolleyes: mine is not a sticking problem, its more of the auto issue.... now unless ive gone out of my mind just the other day my drivers window seemed to have one touch operation on down and up?? I seem to remember driving off from a famous M drive through, and just hitting the up switch once?? but today i was getting a ticket a a barrier and the window wont auto/one touch up any more??

Can any one help?

I still have an indicator issue to if any one has a fast ticking relay and dash light please let me know?? and no all the bulbs are fine....... its a right odd one lol

ARRRR HHHAAAA Window fixed thanks to smbmetal 10 second fix !!!!!! nice one thank you!!!

Now just got to get the indicator fixed grrrrrr

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Just a quick thank you, did the reset and solved the problem with it going up a few inches at a time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Window problem

Thank you man, problem solved. Same issue with passenger side window, now working after resetting it.
I bought my GT this week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
passanger windows

Did you fix the problem??
Im having same problem with my passenger window, and it looks like its moving slower than dirver's side..

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
The soft reset, in full:

Drivers side, down and hold for ten seconds.
Passenger side down and hold for ten seconds.

Passenger side up and hold for ten.
Drivers side up and hold for ten.

BTW, its not only an Alfa thing. It works on loads of other cars as well. :byebye:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts