Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to ask if anyone else out there feels the same way...

I love the Alfa GT. If I see an Alfa GT on the road, and its a tasty specc'd version, in black, and polished up to a high shine, it can make me go a bit 'adrenal'. It is understated, it makes a virtue of simplicity. Its a sexy car. Its like Selma Hayek

when I see a Brera, I think GOD LOOK, ITS A BRERA, HOW EXCITING, but its not a feeling that goes very deep, its a superficial response to to some curves, powerful bulges and a nice fat ass. Its a sordid design, titillating and cheeky, but false somehow... overstated, the victim of an overzealous design mission. It reminds me of Donatella Versace.

I know the Brera is the greater in terms of its power, exoticism and luxury, and is designed to be a crowd pleaser, but why is it that nobody in the design press or on TV has ever, ever given any kind of mention whatsoever to the GT? Its the prettier of the two by far If you ask me.

M

·
0 Posts
for sure the GT is a very nice design and certainly looks the part..but imho does not touch the brera...top of the pile though i reckon is the spider

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
They are both good looking cars,

but sit back to back in a GT and a brera and there is no competition the brera wins hands down the inside of the brera is gorgeous, I'm even liking the skyview thesedays - just wish it was lighter (forgive the pun)...

SImes..

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I have only seen one Brera on the road and it was red (not my favourite Alfa colour im afraid)
But agree a GT black with tan leather and 18" spoked wheels. :cool:
Not too sure about looking at it square on from the back though.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I much prefer the GT to the brera.

I think the GT is stunning to look at, where as the Brera looks awkward. The GT is good to drive, the Brera forgetable and the GT is also more comfortable than the Brera.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I love the look of the GT always have, sleek and smart looking with a powerfull kind of stance about it.The Brera looks nice from the back a 159 at the front and an ankle boot from the side (sorry a bit harsh maby). But the biggest let down for the GT is the interior, if it had the Brera interior i would seriously want one.Having said all that (and hopefully not offended too many Brera owners) i havent actually driven either........so Pants to what i think!!:) :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I havn't driven a brera yet. I absolutely love my GT, but sometimes i wish i waited a little longer and bought the brera.

Seen the spider last week at the dealership... that there is absolutely gorgeous. Just a pitty it only has 2 seats.

Rab

·
Super Moderator
114,703 Posts
Rab88 said:
Seen the spider last week at the dealership... that there is absolutely gorgeous. Just a pitty it only has 2 seats.
I hear you. If it had 2+2 at least, I am pretty sure I could convince my wife to get one, but a straight 2 seater is just not gonna work for us.

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
The Gt is a more balanced car with restrictive seating that limits the the 'type' of people who are comfortable sitting in the car. We are not talking about weight challenged people here, just talking about normal range of body build.
This is unfortunate as the GT is a true 2+2 and would appeal to a wide range of people and not just 'anorexics'. In contrast the Brera which has front seats to accomadate a wider range of body frame is a genuine 2 +2 Garden Gnomes and therfore although desireable strickely a car for people who have no more than 1 friend or like Garden gnomes ;)

Sitting in a GT is like sitting in an Alfa 147

Sitting in a Brera is like sitting in an Alfa 159

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
This subject was argued over in so many threads...look,there's even one with the same name GT vs Brera

IMO the GTV,the GT and Brera are complementary vehicoles,every one has something that the others don't have.My pick of the bunch is the GT,with only one mention:why did the bean counters in Alfa Romeo had to chose the standard 147 dash instead of using the facelifted 156 dash ???
I think AR is the only company that went downmarket on this... with a coupe.It's not only about classes of cars,I also think that the facelifted 156 dash is stunning,with all the buttons and the metallic knobs.

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
The more enclosed effect of the 147 dash suited a GT more than the more spacious effect in the 156...however as they are asking premium price for the GT the materials used should have been better quality than those uses in the 147.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I love the Alfa GT. If I see an Alfa GT on the road, and its a tasty specc'd version, in black, and polished up to a high shine, it can make me go a bit 'adrenal'. It is understated, it makes a virtue of simplicity. Its a sexy car. Its like Selma Hayek

when I see a Brera, I think GOD LOOK, ITS A BRERA, HOW EXCITING, but its not a feeling that goes very deep, its a superficial response to to some curves, powerful bulges and a nice fat ass. Its a sordid design, titillating and cheeky, but false somehow... overstated, the victim of an overzealous design mission. It reminds me of Donatella Versace.
Nice prose...you should write for evo magazine.

I agree..but I think the GT looks like a cheaper car than the Brera, the Brera seems better finished somehow, even from a distance.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Although I may be biased, the GT just looks so much prettier. For me the Brera lost something between the concept stage and the production model, I suppose it was probably to do with fitting conventional doors, which sort of ruins the profile.

V

·
0 Posts
The GT is a much prettier, sexier, graceful-looking car than the Brera, apart from being more practical. The Brera looks too chunky and ungainly. I get the impression that the weight issue makes it feel chunky too.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Obviously the Brera
Given the choice again I would opt for the Brera, but hey both are stunning cars it's all about personal preferences, & we are so lucky to have a choice of 2 stunning coupes:D

1 - 20 of 250 Posts