Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Halfords to pick up a replacement bulb and although its supposed to be the right one (21/5w) it doesn't fit due to the raised dots in the metal moulding which go in the grooves being bigger. Are they different or is this just a manufacturing fault? Cheers

·
Registered
210 Posts
Went to Halfords to pick up a replacement bulb and although its supposed to be the right one (21/5w) it doesn't fit due to the raised dots in the metal moulding which go in the grooves being bigger. Are they different or is this just a manufacturing fault? Cheers
What "number" is it? Picked mine up the other day, No. 380, not tried fitting them yet but was assured they were the right ones (both bulbs gone at same time..either that or fuse)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I made the same mistake myself not too long ago. Bring the bulbs back and switch them for similar ones where the pins are not exactly opposite each other. If you compare with ones that do fit, you'll se they're slightly different.
Hth

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Yep plenty of bulbs out there to that spec but all are slightly different,
Some have opposite pins others offset

They don't even stock the front side light bulbs at the branch by me

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Helfrauds are notoriously crap at specing Alfa parts, the battery they had on the instore list wasn't even close to the right one for the Brera :rolleyes:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What "number" is it? Picked mine up the other day, No. 380, not tried fitting them yet but was assured they were the right ones (both bulbs gone at same time..either that or fuse)
Haven't got the number to hand but don't think it was a 380. Bought it about 7:50, tried fitting it in the car park so went back and said wrong ones, guy looked at my old one and was adamant they were the right ones so went out and showed him. He got me another pair but same thing

·
Banned
857 Posts
Helfrauds are notoriously crap at specing parts....
Edited for accuracy.

It isn't just Alfa parts their data is completely wrong for. I once was looking for headlamp bulbs for a VW Bora which their data incorrectly assumed had the same headlights as a Golf.

As for the battery issued - that isn't exclusive to Halfords. Almost all suppliers incorrectly spec batteries for 156s, GTs and 147s.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Edited for accuracy.

It isn't just Alfa parts their data is completely wrong for. I once was looking for headlamp bulbs for a VW Bora which their data incorrectly assumed had the same headlights as a Golf.

As for the battery issued - that isn't exclusive to Halfords. Almost all suppliers incorrectly spec batteries for 156s, GTs and 147s.
They didn't even have alfas in their reference book for the bulbs lol. Sent my mate to unipart to grab 1 for me, hopefully will have better luck with this one!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Just putting my two pennth in. I have bought bulbs from Halfords for my GT and never had a problem always found them listed in the books provided

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently tried to get a sidelight bulb from Halfords. After searching behind the counter for 10 mins they tried to give me a set that had symetrical pins even after I had pointed out that they were offset. They then gave up. I then went to a local independant spares shop where I put it on the counter. The assistent looked at it and said 'Alfa?' then following my confirmation he said 'Hmm expensive' and charged me £4.99 for the replacement.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Thats right its because they are Haligin I have not spelt that right lol .So dont touch the glass with your fingers it wont last if you do mind you they dont last any how .I got sick replacing them 4 in less than a year put HID ones in last time these seem to be a lot better keeping my fingers crossed.I found them on the stand with all the other bulbs when i was looking

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Thats right its because they are Haligin I have not spelt that right lol .So dont touch the glass with your fingers
halogen! lol ....ok touching brake lights though. got one last week and spotted the metal nobbly bits are offset. had a brake and sidelight go in the same week. 30 mins total to change both :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They were 380s, unipart bulb slotted right in and only 80p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts