Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a GT JTD for only two months, but I ask myself a question every day I get in the car. My steering wheel doesn't have any controls for the head unit. Do I have to buy only the buttons, or change the steering wheel with one that has buttons, or my car does not have the connectors for the controls?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket wheel fitted?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just don't have the controls. The car is well equipped with leather interior and the 18"wheels, but no buttons on the wheel.

As far as I know the steering wheel has never been changes!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
strangeness abounds! i thought it was standard to have wheel controls. Do you have a pic of the steering wheel? Is it a genuine/original Alfa stereo?

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
It could be that the market your car was sold in did not have steering wheel controls as standard, in the UK and most other markets it was standard.

You will need to change your airbag unit and buy the controls but you are probably best to buy a steering wheel with the controls already installed. The connector is more than likely already installed so it should just be a plug & play job.

L

·
0 Posts
AFIAK, you need a steering wheel, clock spring & the controller board for the additional switches. Be sure the radio has the extra connections [ blue, green & yellow ] plugged into the back of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts