Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may well be heresy but the lovely smooth sided doors on my GT are continually being dented by inconsiderate people in car parks.

Looking at the latest GT accessories brochure, I see they have official side mouldings to guard against this. What's the consensus, worth doing or absolutely not as it will ruin the lines of the car?

http://www.alfaromeo.co.uk/NEWALFA_UK/download_brochure/GT_Accessories_2009.pdf

SIDE MOULDINGS
Part No: 50903078

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oh, I'd prefer to park in the furthest part of the lot, but not to put anything on the car itself. But you may not have such an option.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Oh, I'd prefer to park in the furthest part of the lot, but not to put anything on the car itself. But you may not have such an option.
That's my strategy! My previous motor was a magnet for other peoples doors :mad:

Whilst we're on the subject, what do we think about the fascia kit? P/N 50903041 cheap tat or Luxury option? Any idea on the price?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's my strategy! My previous motor was a magnet for other peoples doors :mad:

Whilst we're on the subject, what do we think about the fascia kit? P/N 50903041 cheap tat or Luxury option? Any idea on the price?
Looks a bit cheap to me and I bet it costs a small fortune! If only Alfa could do a hand stitched leather dash to match my tan seats. Now I think that would be worth having if done well.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Looks a bit cheap to me and I bet it costs a small fortune! If only Alfa could do a hand stitched leather dash to match my tan seats. Now I think that would be worth having if done well.
One of the autodelta GTs (a blue one) has a customer leather dash and it's :vomit: just doesn't suit it IMHO, will see if I can find some pics..

Oh well, I'll find out first how much before I make a punt..

G

·
0 Posts
Just park in 2 bays. I always do, never causes me any problems. Bet it causes other people problems but i dont really care about them, because all they do is use your car as a door stop. Happned to me 3 times in a row in my 147.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Just park in 2 bays. I always do, never causes me any problems. Bet it causes other people problems but i dont really care about them, because all they do is use your car as a door stop. Happned to me 3 times in a row in my 147.
I used to park normally until some inconsiderate cow in a bmw opened her door onto mine with me still in the car. She got a hell of a fright when I jumped out and voiced my feelings. Demanded she either give me her details or pay up for dent removal company. She handed over £100. Her premium must have been sky high already. Never did get the tiny dent removed.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
At a lot of supermarkets, if you park across two bays you will get 'prosecuted' by the car park police :rolleyes:

It always infuriates me that if I park in a car park that is practically empty, some muppet will always come and park next to me, simply because they are incapable of parking unless they have another car to 'line up with'. Needless to say they also park too close and bang their door on mine. :mad:

·
Registered
19 Posts
you never can please everyone. I don't park on double places myself, but I can understand people doing it on purpose, caring for theirs paint work. They usually do it in the far part of the lot and nobody is really hurt. Those doing it in the most crowded parts of the lot are just poor drivers or selfish .... lets bypass this part ;)

·
Registered
296 Posts
I park along the bays. so taking up 3 or 4.
I'd had my brand new GT for a month when some w*nker opened their door into it. It creased the whole panel.
I always park as far away as possible. But still someone managed to dent it.
Dentmaster sorted it. Now it's almost completely invisible

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Dnt do it, you will ruin the gorgus lines of the GT! Just park safest place you can find.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Yes, its heresy & all that, but at my works car park, I don't really get any choice of where I park (or who parks next to me) & so parking dings are a sad & selfish part of life.
As horrible as they are, the clear rubber car door protector strips that you put on the doors trailing edge save me multiple trips to dentmaster etc. & many more angry moments at the people I work with who don't care about other work colleagues cars.
Years ago,I actually caught a woman putting her bag on top of MY boot whilst she opened the boot of her car parked next to mine! When I "challenged" her about it, she really couldn't see what the big deal was. Needless to say she went home with a right bollo**ing from me.
Matt.

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
I know most of you like them, I am not a big fan either, but I got them for my 147 to protect it. The original linea Alfa accesories + I added a thin chromed strip above them. They are not something you would love to have, but in 8 years nobody told me that they disturb the lines of the car and to put them off. But my car is black, and I think on dark cars its acceptable. But the big rubber stripes on a silver or red alfa would be pretty eye catching.

Proper installation is not easy, they are made of rubber, they bend and you need 2-3 persons to hold them straight but its not easy to stick them on straight....

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee114/gotcha147/Twin Spark/Teles03.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee114/gotcha147/Twin Spark/Teles04.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee114/gotcha147/Twin Spark/Teles01.jpg

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
When people do that :mad: I try my best to park next to them just out of spite

G

·
0 Posts
When people do that :mad: I try my best to park next to them just out of spite
Yeh i have found a few arkward soules do that, so what i tend to do is torch their car. Seems to get the message across.

G

·
0 Posts
Would you rather i park in disabled or childrens bays, no because this is inconsiderate. I wont park 'normally' and have 150 quids of damage to my doors everytime i go to the shop. I bet alot of people do the same thing, the differance is i will admit it.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Would you rather i park in disabled or childrens bays, no because this is inconsiderate.
And using two spaces isn't? What if everyone did the same as you?
Sorry to hear about your damage but p***ing off other drivers isn't going to help, it's more likely to attract aggravation.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts