Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo GT 1.9 JTDM Cloverleaf
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had, or know of anyone that’s had to swap out a seat before. The drivers seat in my GT has snapped at the bottom, and instead of taking off the leather and welding it back, I thought it would be easier just to get a new seat?

If so, do I need to find one for my specific trim (58 reg 1.9 JTDm) or do all GT’s have the same seat mechanism.

Cheers

·
Registered
914 Posts
I'm sure they are all the same. 147 seats might work too. Of course a seat from a 3 door 147 would be more suitable over the 5 door.

Disconnect battery so when you unplug the airbag connector etc it should prevent getting any warning lights put up on dash once the jobs done. And lower the window because the auto-drop won't work when battery is disconnected.

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo GT 1.9 JTDM Cloverleaf
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure they are all the same. 147 seats might work too. Of course a seat from a 3 door 147 would be more suitable over the 5 door.

Disconnect battery so when you unplug the airbag connector etc it should prevent getting any warning lights put up on dash once the jobs done. And lower the window because the auto-drop won't work when battery is disconnected.
Perfect! Thanks for your response.

It’s going in next week for new front suspension arms, and luck just so has it the mechanic has a GT for breaking so I’ll nab his seat haha!

Thanks again

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's some years since I did a swap but I'm pretty sure that the seat belt fixings were different on the GT and the 156 Saloon versions.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Yes 156 is different. Seat belts and possibly rails. 156's are also 4 door so they won't tilt to access the rear seats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts