Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I tell the GT I'm looking at is a Q2? Its advertised as having a limited slip diff which presumably means its a Q2. At this stage I don't know the reg number and I haven't seen the log book (not sure if it would say there anyhow).

·
Registered
30,018 Posts
VIN number into ePER is probably the closest you'll get without dismantling it!

Unless it was retro-fitted with a Q2 or Quaife diff. Remember it is a reasonably simple job on those boxes and at the price the Q2 diff was at originally I expect quite a few would have been done. If I'd had a car that could take it, I would 100% have got one back when they were under £250.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks David. I guess if it was retro fitted there may be a receipt but as its being sold through an established dealer I do have some comeback if it later turns out not to have an LSD!!
I'll see if they will give me the VIN number.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Drive it round a corner and turn traction control off ;-)
If it spins wide then its not got one. If it does it won't swing round wide.

·
Registered
30,018 Posts
they're so expensive now aren't they? :/ why is that?
It isn't that they are expensive now it is that they were heavily subsidised originally with a very low price.

At one point GTA anti-roll bars were half the price of normal 156 anti-roll bars.
Sometimes if you got in at the right time there were some very favourable prices for nice parts from Alfa.
Now though they are all parts for cars long out of production so the prices are higher (ie they really don't want to have to get another batch made!)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
It isn't that they are expensive now it is that they were heavily subsidised originally with a very low price.

At one point GTA anti-roll bars were half the price of normal 156 anti-roll bars.
Sometimes if you got in at the right time there were some very favourable prices for nice parts from Alfa.
Now though they are all parts for cars long out of production so the prices are higher (ie they really don't want to have to get another batch made!)
i know the gta roll bars are thicker, but otherwise is there anything else special about them? IE. do they rust just as easily?

[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts