Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everybody,
I have a '07 GT with the factory fitted Bose speaker system, steering wheel controls and subwoofer. The original Blaupunkt head unit has failed for second time (remaining turned on causing battery discharge). Rather than repair it again, I decided to purchase a Pioneer 9300SD.
Can anybody confirm for me which wiring harness/stalk interface leads etc that I need? Would really appreciate if anyone has direct experience here of what actually works as I've been getting the run around a bit from suppliers. Tks for any help.

Update - have just found Shiny Car's excellent article on HU replacement, hopefully it will see me sorted, tks.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
You need to specify the make of your your head unit to get the correct interface, but it's all plug and play.

You might need to reverse the red and yellow wires to get a permanent feed for the stereo memory, but test it all before you secure the unit in the dash. Oh and have a fuse handy too, I blew mine whilst testing, was a 15amp mini blade caused me untold grief!

EDIT - just saw you have Bose, may need an additional interface for that too

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tks amfalconer, really appreciate your help. I have had a frustrating experience with the dealer (who shall remain nameless) supplying me with the incorrect leads and of zero assistance when it would not work (turning on but no sound).
After a lot of research I have since ordered Connects2 CTSAR003 interface for the steering ctrls and Nexxia Audio PC2-36-AMPR harness for the Bose. Already have my antenna adapter and Autoleads facia adapter FP-09-03/DG plus the Pioneer 9300SD HU. Looks like "Shiny Car's" excellent thread in "Ice Blue & Me" confirms I've done the right thing. So hoping all will go well.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Fingers crossed mate, it's not too daunting when it's all in front of you, also make sure you secure the cage from the new HU properly, mine had a habit of working loose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts