Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people,

I find that my feet slip on the pedals a bit esp the clutch pedal.....anything u guys can recommend to improve it or replacements etc?

Cheers,

Bilal

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
I wore through the Alfa clutch pedal rubbers in no time, probably lasted about 3 months each time.

Recently upgraded to a used set of gta pedals from Autolusso which are holdibg up well

·
Registered
529 Posts
I found the same problem when I first got my 156, I would assume it has the same pedal rubbers. Once came very close to running into the back of another car after slipping off the clutch. I now tend to use a different technique of using the front of my foot rather than the middle. Seems to solve the issue but can take a bit of getting used to

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I found the same problem when I first got my 156, I would assume it has the same pedal rubbers. Once came very close to running into the back of another car after slipping off the clutch. I now tend to use a different technique of using the front of my foot rather than the middle. Seems to solve the issue but can take a bit of getting used to
i've always used the ball of my feet, is that not usual?

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
I use the ball of mine too, but in raising the clutch, I have to let it slip under my foot, this just ripped off the vertical pieces on the pedal rubbers eventually they come off, if it was a different pattern to the rubber it would probably be fine

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah they have to be rubber for the mot if I recall, yeah my standard ones are wearing out. Anyone got the link to the auto lusso ones?

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
The rubbers are easy, but those aren't cheap, you can get them from the dealer for cheaper. If you want the gta ones, Autolusso usually have them on their eBay shop. The clutch and brake pedals will need to be drilled

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The rubbers are easy, but those aren't cheap, you can get them from the dealer for cheaper. If you want the gta ones, Autolusso usually have them on their eBay shop. The clutch and brake pedals will need to be drilled
So I can't just unscrew them and screw them into place??

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
So I can't just unscrew them and screw them into place??
No, it's just the pedal covers, you remove the rubbers and are left with the metal, the brake and clutch pedal covers bolt through the existing pedals, and the accelerator pedal cover clamps over the accelerator pedal.

It's really not a big job as long as you're careful and mark everything up correctly, and have a decent sharp drill

1 - 15 of 15 Posts