Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a number of entries on "road, tyre, air" noise or whatever. Just asking if there is a resolution or do I need to keep the stereo up loud?

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
drive slower. :p

seriously, what speeds do you drive? in australia, the max legal limit is 110km/h, and only on our best/biggest highways. at that speed, i don't find wind noise (eg: around mirrors) to be an issue.

road noise can be a little irritating, but only on the coarse-chip roads we often have over here. yet this is tyre-dependent. since using Toyo Proxes4 tyres, it is worse; the original Bridgestone RE050 tyres were considerably quieter.

i generally find my GT very acceptable, and quieter than a cheaper quality car (eg: compared with my gf's subaru impreza). but again, i'm not doing 180+km/h on autobarn-like motorways.

:)

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
:D yeah in the uk cause the roads are so rubbish you defo need the stereo up high - m way speeds are 70+ here so you really do hear it i find - unless on the smooooothest t-mac that is, and there aint much of that around - the very worst is the stuff that is like concrete - nasty :eek:

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I have just put 4 new tyres on (GSD3 F1's) and replaced two front wheel bearings and there is no sign of road noise anymore:)

·
Registered
677 Posts
The type of tyre fitted (incl. thread pattern) definitely has a huge influence on tyre noise. Can't say I found the noise from the P Zero Rosso's fitted to my old GT any way excessive...

·
Registered
105 Posts
my gt is noisier than my old 147.not sure if it's tyres or wind but it sounds as if it comes from the top of the windscreen.i mean to try my old wheels from the 147 as i had a set of gt wheels on it with khumo tyres. where as the gt now has pirelli p7000 i think.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got 18inch 225mm p zero rossos and still get noise on the motorway. I think that it is just one of those things with the gt. Wouldnt trade it though. I been driving my friends new spider round with the same tyres on it and you dont get that noise anywhere as much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Many thanks for the comments. Car has only done 13k, so replacement bearings and new tyres some time away, I hope.
On speed it starts to get noisy from 40mph, but road type most
certainly makes a differnec to the noise level.
How would I know if any deafening is missing?

In the meantime I will have to keep the stereo up loud.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts