Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there lads.
i have an occasion to own a 07 plate gt jts with 54k miles done for £1400 but...
on start up it has a werry rough idle, shakes and bumpy exhaust blows (if i can call them that way...)
aww and the sparks are new...
what don u think boys ?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Rule out any vac leaks first..so visual inspection of all induction piping.

Then check maf (unplug and see if it runs better) and crank/camshaft position sensor,plugs,coils..you WILL need the codes really otherwise its all guesswork or throwing parts at it.

Then as its a jts a worn lobe on the exhaust camshaft would not be a surprise,unlikely to get a code for this I didn't on my old jts and it was misfiring on occasion.

Check timing as well.

Hope its A nice easy cheap fix for you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sorry to jump on someone else's thread:
Have just changed timing etc on my 156 JTs 937.A1000 and as i couldn't get hold of cam pulley tools changed like for like and idle rough as ****. gave the MAF a clean prior, to rule that out, and was running quite smooth for a 111k. but have been told the new belt means 5-6 degrees out unless you slacken off sprockets.

On that note: as Totally Alfa is unavailable ( and I hope their Family Issues are improving for their sake), can anyone advise where i can buy or borrow inlet and exhaust pulley tools from?
Have had a look at most obvious places: Laser, Draper etc. but all seem to miss out 937.A1000 engines.
As a note, wheni changed the timing belt, i did notice a gap on the exhaust cam block, but hoped....
Fool i am!
:paperbag:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think problem is sorted, air hose was broken, and MAF was getting bad readings, now ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts