Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all not sure if i have a prob or its just the cold weather.Start car in morning takes about 10 mins or so to warm up,temp gauge shows 90 drive 20 miles down A19 never moves pull off onto side roads it drops to 70 or so moves up slightly then back down .Must be a thermostat problem do you think ???? also think the fuel com gone up

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
It does sound as if the thermostat is not behaving it's self - it should get close to 90 and then stick like glue, if the engine is running cold then fuel will go up.

So I think you have got it right, time for a new one.

It is strange how lots of people suddenly start to notice tempreture issues in the new year.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
hi all not sure if i have a prob or its just the cold weather.Start car in morning takes about 10 mins or so to warm up,temp gauge shows 90 drive 20 miles down A19 never moves pull off onto side roads it drops to 70 or so moves up slightly then back down .Must be a thermostat problem do you think ???? also think the fuel com gone up
mine does the same. Temp drops quicker, the higher i have the heater going.

Test it by turning the heater off when you pull onto the side roads ...see what the temp gauge does.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Likewise here too, only drops with heaters on, stat working fine, top hose cool till about 80 then opens to let water thru, must be do with ambient temp and drawing heat from the engine in a diesel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts