Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alfa Gt 1.9 jtd 110 kw 2004 years.
I drive the car at 4 speeds, at 4000 rpm I switched to 5 speeds, then to 6.
Car speed was 160km/h (100 mi/h).
Then it happened that the car did not want to accelerate anymore.
When I press the pedal, the car would be gushing and slowing down.
I stopped the car,turn off, then start the car on and then everything was normal again.
What do you think what happened? There is no error light.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Was was rpm when fault occurred?
Plug in mes and check for any faults first also worth trying to do a log while driving if you can get fault to occur again.

Check the vac pipes from pump to n75 and to turbo. Not sure if yours will have vac tank down back of engine but worth getting a vac gauge and make sure good vacuum is being produced.
Check vnt for nice smooth movement.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure about rpm in that moment. Under 4000 only that can confirm. Nice sugestion,I need to check house cracking.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Can’t quite make out the image but saw something about a tune. The way I see it the car left the factory working fine,it does not now so there must be some sort of fault with it. A tune cannot fix a fault that’s causing a running issue like that.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
It seems to me someone was hitting the rev limiter either by over-revving the engine or by doing sloppy gear changes.
That being the case, the fault is not with the car.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Krtola, with regard to your car, it seems it wasn't triggered by a gear change but by something else. I'm not sure but I do remember having a previously cosseted car which I once ran up to near maximum speed. The MCSF warning came on and caused me great concern. I slowed a little and the MCSF warning went off. I never checked it out but I wonder if the adaptive learning sometimes causes faults in the system when the car is run in a manner it is not used to.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's been a long time since this happened,and for now car work fine.
But,this is what I find after diagnostic test:
P0238 Turbocharger Supercharger Boost Sensor A Circuit Hight
Any advice/tips regarding for this error is welcome.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After a long time, today this has happened again. Does anyone else have this kind of problem?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Few years ago on this GT egr valve was removed. Whole on the intake was fully blocket,and also whole on the pipe that's coming from the egr cooler. Problem was in that pipe. There was a small leak between the plates and whole ,on very hight rev. What hapend few days ago, is that pipe blast of. Now pipe is removed,and plate is on egr cooler. For now I have no issue like this from 1st post.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The problem occured again.
It occurs more often now.
Whenever I accelerate sharply, then stabilize the speed, the car no longer receives acceleration. When I turn off the car and start it again, everything is normal.
error code is
p0238 turbocharger supercharger boost sensor a circuit hight

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,449 Posts
A few google searches

Have you cleaned your MAP sensor yet?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes map is cleaned many time.
Also I try new one, but it's not Bosch.
It was some cheap map sensor made in Germany.

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,449 Posts
When I had my 159 JTM I had a problem with mine, bought a cheap one and it lasted a week with a loss of power and the turbo dial needle bouncing up and down. Fitted a OEM MAP and no problems.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Than I will try original bosch from my friends Gt.
Now I use Bosch which was on the car when I bought them.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just got back from a test drive. With a friend's map sensor, the car worked normally. However, after that I returned my sensor, and the car worked normally with my sensor as well.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Car worked normally for 2 days with my old original bosch, and today safe mode again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts