Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
2,283 Posts
Hello there,

The code you have, 937A5000, is the 150bhp 1.9 JTDm diesel engine which was I think introduced in 2005. The engines fitted to the 147 and GT (156?) before 2005 were CF3 whereas yours, a post 2005 model I presume should be a CF4. As you rightly say there are different timing belt kits for both these engines. There is subtle difference between the timing belts of only 1 tooth, the CF3 uses a belt with 198 teeth and the CF4 timing belt has 199 teeth. It is therefore very important that the correct belt is fitted to your engine.

Have a look at this post, there's a ton of information which should answer your questions.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-and-gt/405729-1-9-jtd-and-1-9-jtdm-engine-story.html

I hope this helps you :thumbs:

· Premium Member
2,283 Posts
I had a similar problem when I wanted to know if my car had a DPF fitted. Contact your local dealership and give them your chassis/VIN/Registration number, they should be able to tell you which engine was fitted. This can be a problem when you have a car which could have been registered just before or just after a technical change was made to the car's design. Spider95 contributed a lot to the thread I sent you so he may know, post a reply in the thread. This way you're not lumbered with a part you can't use. Alternatively, call a dealership, even if they couldn't tell me if my car had a DPF, but I suppose they can't know everything.

See how you get on. :thumbs:

· Premium Member
2,283 Posts
Apologies to sgwynner, I misspoke earlier when I said that the engine code 937A5000 was the CF4, I used the code given in my handbook. Despite belonging to a 147 from 2008, the handbook was a copy published in July of 2006 which may in fact have been referring to a CF3 at that time. Thanks to Spider95 for clearing that up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.