Alfa Romeo Forum banner

alfa gt jtd is it a cf3 or cf4?

11709 11
please can anyone i.d what engine is fitted to my july 2007 alfa gt diesel, it has 937A500 on the chassis plate, with black plastic inlet manifold?

i would like to order a cam belt kit and i see there are the cf3 and cf4 kits available, not sure which one i need?

many thanks in advance
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply, from what i have read elsewhere on here, if its a cf4 engine its should have variable flaps fitted to the inlet manifold which is made from aluminum, my inlet manifold is black plastic and dosent appear to have any flap system fitted to it?

so do i have a 2006 car not registered untill mid 2007, or do i have a mid 2007 car fitted with a earlier engine?

confused.com

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i took off the top part of the timing belt cover tonight, rotated the engine untill i could see the makers part numbers written on the back of the belt which read part number 5623xs made by 'gates'. looked on their website and found that the belt of that size fits the cf4 engine with 199 teeth. so its defo a cf4 engine.

they also list the cf3 belt as part number 5600xs with 198 teeth

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.